Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
MisterMeddle
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: US Cellular

My Curve is not recognizing my 2gb card

Earlier today I had to upgrade my BBM and I was required to reboot so that's exactly what I did.  When the phone turned back on all of my media was gone.  I turned off my phone, pulled the battery and turned it back on and that still didn't work.  I tried again and I even pulled out the card and inserted it back in.  When I press the camera button it says media card unavailable.  That's when I determined there was a problem with the phone reading the card because at first I assumed all of my media was erased.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MisterMeddle
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: US Cellular

Re: My Curve is not recognizing my 2gb card

Oh and it's a Curve 8520.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Hi

Try deleting it in Options > Applications > Add-Ons and then reinstalling it. After its rebooted (assuming it requires a reboot), give it 10 minutes without opening the app, then pull the battery with the power on and leave it out for a minute or 2.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tesin
My Device: mobile
My Carrier: lawer

Hey I’ll suggest a method try it out. First of all check if your card is 2 GB card is working by using some other device and try to clear some data and check for viruses in your card. Check if your inserting your 2 GB card properly in the card slot. After inserting your card give some time for the device to boot up the card contents. If all this does not help its better you get the device replaced.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CraigAshcroft
My Device: curve 3g
My Carrier: orange

if thephone was back up on desktop manager,  try restoring it to the last backup

Please use plain text.