Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
WLAM012
My Device: BLACKBERRY CURVE 8310
My Carrier: FIDO

Re: My Curve won't turn on and no sign of flashing red light

Hi guys, I'm kinda new to this blackberry forum thing but i was wondering if i could get help with powering up my blackberry or finding the cause of this problem. 

My charging port on the left side originally was loose, and one day, while pulling out the cord, fell out. 

i then bought a cradle/dock for it, and when this dock is plugged in, it lights up. 

I left my phone on that cradle for 7 hours straight and no response. 

I tried a hard reset, no response. It won't even turn on. 

Does anyone know what could be wrong with my phone? 

Please Help. 

Any input is appreciated. 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
DollyDayDream
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

SOLUTION!!

Hi Everyone,

My BlackBerry Curve started having the same problem as everyone else last night. After reading through the forums I came across someone with a solution, so I tried it out, and it worked! Here's what to do:

1. Make sure your device is not connected to a charger and remove the battery, sim and memory card

2. Look into the port where you connect your charger and you'll see a hole with a short-side on top, a long-side on the bottom and a small plate inside near the bottom

3. Take a small, flat screwdriver, or something else that will fit into the gap, and place it between the short top side and the small plate and gently ease the plate towards the long bottom side

After this I left my battery out for 10-15 mins and then replaced the battery, connected to a charger and my phone turned on again!

I hope this is of some help to people! I don't really know much about phones so please don't message me with questions. I have just given you what somebody else had written and the technique worked for me :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
mandyludick101
My Device: curve 5820
My Carrier: vodacom

My problem is not that the handset doesnt want to charge, my problem is, it was working fine, it was just slow a bit so i restarted my device, and since then it doesnt want to start up.

It shows the loading page as if its starting up. and the redlight do go on when i put in my batery, and the keypad light also go on, but it loads up until a point, and then spops there, so the screen doenst change or go off, its just stuck where it was busy loading to start up.

Ive removed the batery and memory card numerous of times, and try to put in on charge it, but it does nothing, still shows the same screen....

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums! :smileyhappy:

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101 Tips & Tricks

WLAO12 - I would take your device in to your local carrier as there is definitely a hardware issue involved if your charging port "fell out."  Could be keeping your device from charging at all.  If you are under warranty or have insurance you may be covered.  Let us know....

mandyludick101 - do you see any sort of error message when your device starts up?

Happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
DaveMustoe
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

I am having a simular problem with my curve 8520.. I was staying at a friends house and forgot to take my charger, therfore the phone battery died over night. I then went to college the next day with no phone as I was unable to charge it. However, when i got home I put the phone on charge and a solid red light came on but then the blackberry loading screen came on (as if it was updating) After it had fully loaded the starting screen for orange came up but did not dissapear..

I have tried to take the battery out and put it back in but the same process occurs. I have also tried plugging it into a usb and using my mums battery as she has the same phone.. However, still the same process is happening.. From what i've been reading the API Server went down and has come back on recently.. I dont know if it was unable to do anything to my phone because it was switched off?

Also, i've heard it could be that the phone needs a certain amount of time to reboot (whilst charging), therefore my phone is on charge at the moment and i am still waiting for it to work... On the other hand i have read that it can be something coming lose on the inside? In that case, does anyone know how i can fix this?

This has been rather irritating to say the least as i need my phone for college and to contact people in case of an emergency!

It would be greatly appriciated if someone could help?

Many Thanks,

Dave

Please use plain text.
asabdol
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: QTEL

I had the same problem yesterday and I tried a lot of things and finally found the solution(at least for me) :

Remove the battery & the SIM card from the phone and leave it a bunch of minutes then put it back.

I hope it works for everyone.

I found the solution at http://bit.ly/igixpk

Abdol

Please use plain text.
9thomas6
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: 02

how long did u leave it to charge for ???

Please use plain text.
asabdol
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: QTEL

It was already charged I just removed the battery and the SIM card for 3-5 minutes.

Please use plain text.
bbcurve154
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: O2

simple answer, connect your blackberry to your laptop or computer and wait for as long as possible, i recommend 12 hours and bamn, blackberrys fixed. I work for blackberry so I do know what I am talking about.

Please use plain text.
JaFr6116
My Device: BB Curve 8900
My Carrier: AT&T

This happened to me.  I plugged the phone in for the night and the next morning I had a white screen.  I removed the battery and there was a red light in the corner but went out shortly thereafter.  I did this a couple more times.  The resolve was to replace the battery and that did fix the problem.

Please use plain text.