Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
oshik25
My Device: Not Specified

My Curve won't turn on and no sign of flashing red light

Hi!

I m all new to this blackberry forum thing....anyway i have a blackberry curve and all of a sudden yesterday it just stopped working. when i looked at the phone the screen was all white so i took out the battery and put it back on thinking that it will come back up but it didnt. Then i took the battery out again and plugged it to the USB(without the battery) because ususally it comes back up, but it still didnt. i put the battery again and plugged it to the USB thinking that it needs to charge but still no since of that flashing red light. I took the battery out and put my friends battery (cos he has a curve too) but still it didnt work. I did try holding down the power (red)button still not back on

I just dont understand whats wrong with it, its not like i dropped it in the water or dropped it on the floor. I didnt do anything to it. It just stopped working

Im really frustrated right now...I just dont know what to do..i hope someone can help me

THanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gatekeeper

Re: My Curve won't turn on and no sign of flashing red light

Hi. I'm having the same problem. It just happened. It was working fine a few hours ago. Then I went to charge it and it was just dead. Like you, I thought it was the battery. But that doesn't seem to be the problem. Plus, I still had plenty of battery time, I was just charging for tomorrow. Strange. This phone is less then 30 days old. Uhg. I'm so frustrated.

tm

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DebiL

My Blackberry Curve has done the same thing...several times.  I left it last night with a full charge.  Wake up this morning to a completely white screen & no response.  Remove battery and try to turn on .... no reponse.  Connect charger and I have a solid red light...no response.  Frustrating as this is my business phone!! 

If I hold down red off button....occasionally a white screen will appear with the timer symbol not moving.  Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DebiL

Hope you all have a better outcome....My phone is kaput....40days old and I get to pay $55 for Sprint to replace it.  Wow.  Be sure to back up daily....I counted on my scheduler & failed to back up this week.  I'm not real impressed with Blackberry Curve.  Wish I had my At&t Tilt back
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fishalot

Last week I woke up in a hotel but the blackberry didn't.  I was working just fine, even sent a couple of pics, and it just flat-died.  No lights.  Battery is fine as I tried it in another unit.  usb won't power it up.  AC won't power it up.  DC won't power it up.

Is there anyone who has any idea how to at least find a way to powerup these dead units?  It's a shame.  I have a BOLD now and a dead curve...  there's got to be an explanation for this - a power connector broken?  Something.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fishalot

I got to looking into this issue today. I took this back off, took the battery out (sim card and memory card already out) and plugged into the usb w/ desktop mgr.  Nothing.

I unscrewed two screws and removed the front cover and keyboard.  This made the sides loose, but still remained attached on the back toward the bottom.  Plugged into USB again and BLAMMO - up it comes.

Jiggling the side pieces seems to make the connection/power come and go.  It seems to be a loose connection folks - I haven't looked with a magnifying glass but will probably take this $400 BOLD back to the store ... I like the curve better to tell the truth.

- jl -

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gatekeeper

I finally got my curve to work.  I just left it on the charger for a while and then it powered up. It seems if its a little low on power and I don't charge it relatively soon it shuts down and won't power up for awhile. I've also updated the software and cleaned out the junk files. It seems to be working fine now, go figure.

tm

Please use plain text.
willjayrocks

I had the same thing happen this morning.  Turns out the blackberry was just REALLY dead.  The battery needed to be charged and the device kept trying to reboot.  So...to get it out of reboot mode, I treated as though it was bricked by doing the following suggestions through Step 2 without reloading the OS: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

This should at least get it out of reboot loop mode and then you should be able to see if hte battery is just really dead.

Please use plain text.
carriah

OOO what a horrid experience I had yesterday at the sprint store!!!!!! It was crazy they couldnt fix my phone that was having the same troubles listed above!! So they told me that they unless they I got a new phone that I could not have insurance...so i agreed after seriously  thinking am going to just cancel this provider because they stink at Customer Service!! So they couldn't fix my phone and they didnt have one that they could order for me so they HAD to give me a new phoen which they thought was something they should have gotten kudos for but i was still angry because I could not get this NEW phone insured because it was a swap and not an order!!! grr.. I am thankful that I have something but its soo upseting that I am trying to pay them 5 bucks extra each month and they wont take it!! Soo my suggestion if this happens to your BB take it to the store so they can give you a new one because you can't fix it :smileysad: sorry
Please use plain text.
guitarguy8487
My Device: Curve 8320

Hi

I too have the same problem.  I don't have the white screen.  I have before but it never turned off and wont turn back on.  I have dropped my phone in the past but I have not done so in a long time and just yesterday I went to turn it on but nothing happened.  It was strange because I did not turn it off.  I knew that the day before my battery was almost dead but I had charged it for a while.  To rule out the battery being dead I charged it for 8 hours or more and still nothing.  I have taken out my battery numerous times and put it back in to see if that would help.  Nothing!   This is really irritating and maddening.  I didnt expect this from a Black Berry.  I need my phone for my job!  My anxiety level is high and about to get alot higher if I cant figure out what is wrong.  Someone, please help me. 

Please use plain text.