Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

IHaveBBPromblems5
My Device: Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Telus

Re: My Curve won't turn on and no sign of flashing red light

I have the same problem. Just a few minutes ago my Blackberry Curve 9300 3G just completely shut down on me? I never had this happen before, I had the white screen but with that i wiped my phone. This is something new and i dont know how to fix it...... Can someone please help me with this. I only have the phone for 20 months and its now ginving me problems.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
merissadickinson
My Device: Blackberry Cure 9300
My Carrier: Virgin

Hi,

I had my phone on charge all night as per usual and i woke up to a white screen. I thought nothing of it as it has done this loads before so i took the battery out and put it back in and it worked. I then went to get a drink and when i returned my phoen was off. It wont turn back on no matter what i do. I have tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, i have tried charging it and i have tried leaving the battery out for a while before putting it back in and nothing. 

I use my phone all the time, so any help on how to fix this would be great thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

merissadickinson wrote:

Hi,

I had my phone on charge all night as per usual and i woke up to a white screen. I thought nothing of it as it has done this loads before so i took the battery out and put it back in and it worked. I then went to get a drink and when i returned my phoen was off. It wont turn back on no matter what i do. I have tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, i have tried charging it and i have tried leaving the battery out for a while before putting it back in and nothing. 

I use my phone all the time, so any help on how to fix this would be great thanks. 

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
merissadickinson
My Device: Blackberry Cure 9300
My Carrier: Virgin

I have just tried that and it still won't turn on. I also tried using someone else's battery earlier and that never worked either. any other ideas?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello again,

From what you describe, you've performed all of the first section, with no success. But, also from what you say, you only tried half of the second section. Or did I misread what you said?

Let us know.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
lilyrosexoxo
My Device: Curve 9230
My Carrier: Vodaphone

This happened to me but after I removed the battery and sim and held the on button for ages, it turned on :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
juice2423
My Device: cuve 8530
My Carrier: metro pcs

My phone had the same problem but i found the fix.

1step- take off phone battery
2step- plug in phone to charger
3step- leave phone plugged in til battery sign comes up.
4step- once battery sign comes up put battery back in and leave it charging.

This should fix your problem and make sure to leave it charging without batter for a while i left mine charging for a whole day.
Please use plain text.
curveberry9300
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Bell

I just got my dad's old bb curve 9300 and I couldn't turn it on so being the smart one I am I started charging it but my dad has the bb charger somewhere and took the second one (bc he has the Z10) with him on buisness) and I have no red LED and no start up so I am wondering if the bb is dead or just being stupid
Please use plain text.
curveberry9300
My Device: Curve 9300

And as far as I am concered it has nothing wrong with it and no damage was done bc its been in a otter box the whole time its been used
Please use plain text.
TavMac
My Device: Curve 9320

You are awesome. After reading all the comments quickly on this URL, I had read yours and thought what you did was interesting. I however, do not have a screwdriver, or any of the appropriate tools to losen screws on my phone with. So, what I did instead, was take off the backing - take out the battery... Then I just squeezed my phone, like both right and left edges, squeezed the phone - it losened it up a bit, and it works. I don't recommend anyone tries this, but thank you so much.

Please use plain text.