Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Logic
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Re: My Curve won't turn on and no sign of flashing red light

This is simply disgusting...!! I've had my Bold 9000 for 1 year now and I've had nothing but issues with this handset. Everything from the memory being erased and all files lost, to having to do a complete software reinstall 2 times and 1 upgrade, not to mention my personal favourite, the handicap trackball, that gets stuck daily and that's not all, believe me the list goes on and on!! Now I guess for its final act, my $600+ piece of scrap metal has decided that it no longer wants to turn on, charge, or even acknowledge the existence of the two batteries I've tried so far. Unfortunately, I've been unable to backup my phone for maybe 2 weeks now and of course, a lot has happened in those 2 weeks...I guess my phone figured that now seemed like a good time to end it all. So needless to say, unless I can get this phone to turn on magically, everything will be lost. Like many people above me, I use this phone for business, personal activites, and to record/document important information. There isn't a strong enough word in the english language to describe my frustration and anger towards RIM, BlackBerry, Rogers, and of course RIM's flagship phone the BOLD 9000. So if there's anyone out there that knows how I can at least retrieve the information in my phone or turn it on long enough just to extract it through whatever means, I would really appreciate some feedback. Thank you in advance!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fishalot
My Device: Not Specified

I did finally get my unit to powerup - I was desperate so I opened it up and unscrewed everything I could find figuring there must have simply been a connection that moved away and no longer made contact.  Doing this, I bent the power contacts for the battery a bit closer, put a little peice of paper behind the battery to jam it against the contacts, and put enough of it back together to power it up.  I got my backup and promptly threw the thing away...

at least I got the backup.  Iphone's are truly going to change everything.

Please use plain text.
Nikki431
My Device: curve
My Carrier: Dancer

Hi

erm mine does that alot and i just hold the red phone button down and then there is a bright red light then comes on this screen with a charger sign and just leave it on charge and then there will be a screen with a timer on it and still leave it charging and then it comes on naturally i hoped that that helped

Nikki

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mjcellinfo
My Device: Curve 8040
My Carrier: Verizon

The same exact thing happen to me today.  I just got this phone and have been very nice to it.  this shouldn't happen to a new phone.  There must be some way to get it to reset.  Please help.

Please use plain text.
Peterprj
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Has a simiar issue as my Curve was dead from the weekend. Tried using my desktop USB connection and was seeing a red light but nothing else was working. Just asked around and when it's that dead the USB will not be sufficient to charge it so you must use the main power lead. It's now working fine. Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
ruizerwin
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Hi

I got the same problem, please help. I try to turn on my blackberry and NO BUENO. I replace the battery and still don't turn on.

I'm pulling my hair off  :smileysad:

Please help!!

Please use plain text.
Ye
Ye
My Device: Not Specified

I've got my Blackberry since December. I bought a protection, never let it down or let it under the water.

This week, my battery was off.  When I came home I charged my Blackberry with the USB, I saw the red light. After 4hours, I took my blackBerry but he stil turn out.

Now what I can do ? I saved money during a 14months, I don't work, and in France the insurrance is to expensive.

There is the way to fix it  ?

Please use plain text.
oceansimms
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: student

im having the same problem my curve does turn on with a red light then the loading screen apears a white screen with a black clock in the center and it will do this untill the batterry dies whitch was a fully charged battery and i repeat the same thing everyday hoping it might just work  i havent droped my curve of droped it in and water i just got it out of the box does this happen yo every new blackberry?

Please use plain text.
Chadnii
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Same thing happened to mine! Yesterday (halloween) i went trick or treating with my mates and then I saw that my battery was low. It had been low for like 2 hours. When I went to my friends house to charge it the red light came on and so did the battery sign on the screen but then my frien accidently took it out. Then when i put it back in nothing came up and the red light wont come on. I thought maybe its just my friends charger but when he put his in it workd perfectly. I went home to chrge it wiv mine but it wouldnt charge still.I thought i could use the usb cable to charge it but it wouldnt work cause it cant find the device becasue the fone is off.

Pleasee help me because i onli had my fone in less den a month!

Please use plain text.
chocolateeeee
My Device: blackberry curve 8529

erm if you have it on silent or something it might not wok cuz i was wondering why my light wont work so then i thought is it cuz its on silent and soon as i took it off silent or the volume off it worked :smileyhappy: hope this helps you too:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.