Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

My Media Card keeps Rebooting my BB Curve 8320

I recently got a replacement bb Curve 8320.  I had a media card in my old phone and when I put it in my new phone it kept rebooting my cell phone every 1-2 minutes.  I went and bought a 4GB Media Card, had the guy at T-Mobile Format it and then went home and placed all of the photos, videos, music and purchased ring tones from my old media card to my new one.  When I placed the new Media Card into my phone it keeps doing the same thing.  I get the hour glass and then the phone reboots over and over again.  Someone please help!!!!  The phone has been wiped out and all applications have been updated, so I am not sure why this is happening.

Very FRUSTRATED!,

Thanks,

Jes

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Re: My Media Card keeps Rebooting my BB Curve 8320

does it boot perfectly fine with the media card out?

what version of device software (options-about, 3rd line down, v4.x.x.x)

was this the version it came with or did you upgrade it? if you upgraded it, did you upgrade with the media card installed ?

have you tried your old media card in the device?

It reboots and works perfectly when the Media Card is out of it.

The phone was upgraded yesterday morning to the latest version of v4.x.x.x (I'm not sure the exct numbers) but it was done over the phone with a T-Mobile Tech Support person.  That afternoon I took the phone to a t-mobile location, bought a new Media Card and had them format the brand new card.  It was in the phone and it worked perfectly, (but the Media Card was blank)

When I got home that night, I took everything (photos, purchased ringers and videos) off of the old Media Card and just dropped them into the new Media Card.  I installed the new Media Card back into the phone with the transferred data and the phone started acting up again.  I am not sure why.

I have not tried putting the old Media Card back in the device since I purchased the new one, but did attempt it after upgrading the phone and it was messing up. 

Hi All

I buy the bb 8320 rim mobile few days back and facing this same problem of reboot. It get reboot anytime while calling, checking emails etc. Sometimes this happen very frequently. It app version is 4.5.0.55(81), reinstalled this with same version but still it get reboot anytime. I have not installed any extra software in this. Why it keep on getting reboot can any one help me with this. This is brand new mobile. Is there any manufacturing defect in this. It shows total file  55312384 and file free  13762704. Media card 1G is all free.

Thanks in advance for the help

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

I have heard of this issue. Try this: 1. Format the media card again (on the phone) 2. Copy and paste the files back into each folder, but make sure you avoid copying any .dat files .dat file store info for the BB media application and have to be recreated on the new phone. Try to see if this works and post back.
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

its also best when installing the 4.5 software to your BB, that the media card is removed from the BB during the installation. It has been known to cause these problems. Once the software has been fully reinstalled, you can then reinsert the card.

If your card was in for a previous installtion, best to format the card within the BB again.

babylabes

In my very first post I gave you directions on how to locate the exact version installed on your BB. It is very useful information to be able to help you. Also why do you plug the card into your PC to put files on it, you can plug your BB into your PC and transfer them to it that way. and in your case I would follow the instructions of making sure the .dat files are not being copied over, and make sure you dont have anything that is not media content. something you are transferring is corrupted. dont copy the folders over. Copy content in the folder to the new empty folder on the BB. (reformat while in the BB first so you have the folders)

Message Edited by drizzt09 on 07-04-2009 08:42 AM
Message Edited by drizzt09 on 07-04-2009 08:43 AM