Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
letsee
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

My New Bb 8330 Says JUM Error 513 Help me

Plz help..this is my first bb and im new to this, i don't know what happen i was trying to download something to my bb  8330 from the desktop manager and it ask me for the password and i entered the wrong password and now my screen went all white and it says JUM ERROR 513 then under it it says RESET. Only option that i have is to just click the RESET but then it just keeps going back to the same screen. Please help!!!! whats going on and what can i do to get my phone to go back to how it was?Thanks in advance
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: My New Bb 8330 Says JUM Error 513 Help me

letsee wrote:
Plz help..this is my first bb and im new to this, i don't know what happen i was trying to download something to my bb  8330 from the desktop manager and it ask me for the password and i entered the wrong password and now my screen went all white and it says JUM ERROR 513 then under it it says RESET. Only option that i have is to just click the RESET but then it just keeps going back to the same screen. Please help!!!! whats going on and what can i do to get my phone to go back to how it was?Thanks in advance

You have experienced a software crash....Hopefully the device is covered under the 1 year mfg warranty.  All of your data is lost, I'm sorry to say unless you've got a back up.  The wrong password had nothing to do with it.  It just crashed.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

To resolve the issue you need to re-install BlackBerry device aoftware. If you can back up your device data then do it before reinstalling OS.

Follow the below steps for Backing up BlackBerry device -

1. Connect your device using USB cable

2. Click on Backup and Restore

3. Click on Backup button

4. Select the location where you want to keep the backup data

5. Click Ok to proceed

Note: I've described processes according to desktop manager 4.5. You can download it from here.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim

forget to mention!!!

Check steps below for OS upgrade -

Step #1

Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the computer.

Step#2

Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site.

Step#3

Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  3. Double-click Backup and Restore.
  4. Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases.
  5. Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save.

Step#4

To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Double-click the Application Loader icon.
  3. Click Next to start the installation process.
  4. Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
  5. Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next.
  6. Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process.
  9. Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly.
  10. Click Next > Finish.
  11. When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

tanzim                                                                                  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
letsee
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks very much  tanzim   but My wirelessly Don't Show up in my Connection Side..

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim

You're welcome. Can you please explain a bit detail on what intended to mean by the last line?

tanzim                                                                                  

Please use plain text.