Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
thefalloftroy
My Device: Not Specified

My New Curve 8330! (few questions from a noob!)

So I finally got the Curve 8330 - I had been waiting all this time for the Thunder but decided yesterday that if my fingers are too fat for an iPhone, then they will be for the Thunder as well. Anyways, I LOVE the Curve thus far...just a few questions.

#1) Do the "messages" and "xxx@gmail.com" icon serve the same purpose? If so, which I think they do, how do I filter the "messages" icon so that ONLY my incoming SMS messages are shown??? As of now, the "messages" icon is cluttered with e-mail, SMS, bb mesanger & voicemail! I HATE THAT! I'd rather keep it clean and organized so that If i wanna view my SMS messages, I click on "messages" If I wanna view my bb messanger messages, I click on the bb messanger icon, If i wanna see my e-mails, I click on the "xxx@gmail.com" icon and so forth. Is there a way to filter it this way???

#2) When I send an e-mail, I automatically get THAT e-mail sent back to me! How do I disable this function? I have no need to recieve in my INBOX the e-mail I just sent out.... I tried going into "Messages->options" and turning the "hide sent" to "ON" but this problem still occurs...... Any help on that?

#3) I have this stupid "Facebook" icon in my menu, how do I delete this permanently?

Thanks everyone, I'm sure i'll have more questions as I'm readin through! 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: My New Curve 8330! (few questions from a noob!)

Hi and welcome to the forums,

From the message queue  OPTIONS - GENERAL OPTIONS- SNS AND EMAIL INBOX -SEPERATE.

This will keep the text messages in a separate queue

Email and missed phone calls will go to the queue regardless, it;s designed that way.

Facebook you can delete, but it will come back when you are sent service books by your provider,

I have created a folder for Icons. I put all  used Icons into the folder including the email icons) makes it neater.

Duplicate gmails:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10332&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

If you need more information please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the green option under the kudo's star, Place the green check in the post that answered your question,

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LP1986
My Device: Curve 8310

I "seperated" this option, and now when I get a text I get the little Icon above the file folders telling me there is 1 text message, but I can not find that message in any of the folders. It is no longer in the messages folder or the email folders, yet there is no "text" folder. Do I need to create a new folder for the texts?   Where did it go and how can I retrieve it?  I had to switch the option back to "combined" to be able to find it (back in the messages folder). 
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

You have an icon for sms and mms, yes? Click on it, above your list of messages you will see todays date (or last date of received message). Hit the menu key and select "mark prior opened". Does that rid you of the icon?
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LP1986

No, i only have icons for "messages" and for each of my email accounts.  Therefore, when I have the phone in "seperate" mode, and say I get a missed call with a page number, I see the missed call in the message folder, but can't find the texted phone number.  In "combined mode"  I see the missed call, and the texted number in the messages folder.  Shouldn't there be a seperate folder for MMS/SMS messages when in "seperate" mode?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222

Yes, when you go into your messages and hit the menu key and select options and general options. Email and sms messages should be set to separate. Hit the back key to the right of your trackball to save. If you do not see an icon now just for sms and mms, do a battery pull. Take the battery out with the phone on and leave it out for 30 seconds. Replace it and allow the phone 1-3 minutes to reboot does the icon appear now?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LP1986

Ah Hah!!  I found it in the applications folder.  I was looking for it on the main screen.  Now, how do I move it to the main screen?  I would like to put it up there next to the messages folder. 
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LP1986

Never Mind.  I figured out how to move it next to the messges folder.  Thanks for your help Lori.

Larry

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222

You're welcome Larry.
Please use plain text.