Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

My WiFi wont turn on

Ive had my 8900 since 17th october and it took me a few days to figure out how to set my router  up with my phone but then i got it working but then a few days later i noticed my wifi wasnt on so i tried to turn it on but the wifi just wont turn on. Is there some setting that could have changed on its own or it is broke. I havent dropped it or anything so dont no why its happened. Hope some one can help me

All Replies
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: My WiFi wont turn on

Ive now managed to sort it after reading a few pages on the forum.

Solutions: 6,190
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Emma, when you say your WiFi won't turn on, could you please elaborate.

On your device, when you go to the icon for Manage Connection, and you should see your WiFi checkbox.

Does your router name appear there in green?

Does it have a green checkmark to the right -- or a white horizontal bar?

If you click on the box, it won't "turn on", or what happens?

Have you tried clicking on Setup WiFi network again and re-enabling your Wifi?

>> Click here to get a 10% Off Discount on any BlackBerry from ShopBlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Meaning it wont turn on. It just wont.

I have the same issue and when you try to turn the Wi-Fi on, whether it be through 'Manage connections' or 'Set Up Wi-Fi Connection' the same thing occurs, it asks you to turn on your Wi-Fi to search for a Network, whether you choose to do it through 'Search For Networks' or 'Push Button Setup' it still asks you to. 'Turn on Wi-Fi to perform a scan?' comes up, you click 'Turn Wi-Fi on' and it says 'Unable to turn Wi-Fi on'....

That's what 'it wont turn on' means.

I have had this issue for months and nothing has worked. I have tried taking my battery out to restart my phone. I have tried getting a new battery. I have tried going to 'Manage Connections' and ticking the box but it just loads for ages, and does nothing. I have also tried doing it through both 'Push Button Setup' and scanning for a Network, but both options require you to turn on your Wi-Fi to do so. I've tried everything that has been mentioned, but nothing is making a difference, and my Wi-Fi still wont turn on.

It wouldnt bother me, but since most of the apps that I used to use need Wi-Fi to work them, it's frustrating.

Does anyone have any other solutions?