Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: FIdo

My applications don't work with the Wi-Fi network

My Wi-Fi is working properly as I can use my browser with my Wi-Fi connection, but the applications, such as Blackberry World, Facebook or WhatsApp, won't work.

Can someone help me with it? 

My phone is a Curve 8520.

Thanks!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: My applications don't work with the Wi-Fi network

Have they worked before and they stopped working or have they never worked? If it's never worked it's possible you need updates to those apps. On your browser go to www.blackberry.com/appworld and see if you can get the latest version of BBWorld.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe Telecom, Inc.

In order for those apps to work with your Wi-Fi connection, you must upgrade your BlackBerry OS to OS 5. Certain apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, and BlackBerry World would accept WiFi-only connections then. (I'm running OS 4.6 before, when I had 5 everything went well.)

If you're using BBM, might as well don't upgrade to BBM 6 (though it has cool feature like sharing apps/stuffs to your BBM through BBM-connected apps), because you can't set it up without mobile network + Wi-Fi connection.

Let me know if I helped.
Cheers!
New Contributor

Thanks guys for your answers.

Yes the applications have worked before.

When I go twww.blackberry.com/appworld on my browser, it automatically opens BBWorld application which refuses to work because it doesn't recognise the Wi-Fi network.

I already have OS 5 installed on my device.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Try deleting the BBWorld application and then try the link again to install the latest version of BBWorld.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks for your help.

Deleting the BBWorld has make the other applications work with the Wi-Fi !

I haven't manage to instal the new version of BBWorld yet but at least I can use my other applications.

Guru II

Deleting BBWorld shouldn't have anything to do with it. Rebooting the device might have, though. You should be able to reinstall BBWorld using the same link. Does it not work?