Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Bergvliet
My Device: Blackberry curve 9320

My battery charge lasts for less than a day

I have two fairly new 9320 phones. Both phones do not hold their charge for more than 24 hours. Is there a setting on the phone which I can check to potentially fix this problem? This is a new phenomenon. The phones were OK ( for holding their charge) when I purchased them.

If it is relevant I recently spoke to my service provider about the poor signal in my area and followed their instructions to make certain adjustments on the phones to (marginally) improve the reception. Is it possible that this operation/adjustment could have changed the battery life characteristics?

Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: My battery charge lasts for less than a day

Hello, functions that can help.
Turn Off 3G.
Keep Wi-Fi Turned Off.
Keep Bluetooth Turned Off.
Close any apps that are not being used but are being multitask.
Make use of Application Resource Monitor
Make use of Battery Saving Mode and possible change the option to "start when battery power is at or drops below "Always On""
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
New Contributor
Bergvliet
My Device: Blackberry curve 9320

Thank you very much for your help. I turned off 3G and activated 2G and the phone now keeps its charge as it should. Not sure if I have 'lost' anything by having 3G inactive. At the moment the phone works OK

John

Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Ok,
Well you haven't really lost anything much, don't worry. Maybe just a bit of extra speed and that's all!
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi