Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

My bbm does not work and my emails are not pushing

I have a blackberry curve 9300 and just two days ago i could not send or receive messages on bbm, my emails are not pushing either. but then when I go to email set up and click on emails I'm told my device had a problem connecting to the server. My twitter app works, my browser works as well as my whatsapp app. But gchat, bbm and emails do not work. Can someone give me advice how to resolve it. ps I am using it over wifi.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: My bbm does not work and my emails are not pushing

Hi there,

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan enabled on your Curve 9300? In order to use BBM, email, etc, you need a BlackBerry data plan. Without that, you will be able to use your device over wifi, but not for email, BBM or apparently Google Chat.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

oohh ok thank you. i am using it over roaming, but i guess i ran out of airtime.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Ahh, yeah, that's probably what happened then. Smiley Happy Once you re-enable your service, you should be all set.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!