Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
dansab123
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

My blackberry 820 is nuked! How do I fix it?

Hello everyone

Well basically I had water damage and I managed to fix it. But then myblackberry 8520 started to have problems with booting up and then got into a cycle of constantly rebooting. I've tried going to program files and going to apploader and all that but there is never a Research In Motion file when I go there. Infact it is in a file called 'Program Files (x86). I have also tried updating the software through Blackberry Desktop Manager but it then gets stuck on a certain part where it says 'Reconnecting to JVM'. I have not tried rebooting it in 'Safety Mode' as I do not know how to. But I was wondering if you could give me any advice on how to solve this problem?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: My blackberry 820 is nuked! How do I fix it?

Hi dansab123,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community. Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone.

You should be able to find the Application Loader tool here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader

This KB article has the steps to start in Safe Mode: http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877
If you are able to do this, I recommend backing up your data and then trying to follow the steps in this article to force detection and reload your BlackBerry Device Software. http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

This process will remove all personal data, so you will need a backup file to restore your data. This article has the steps to restore from backup. http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Let me know how it goes.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dansab123
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Hi thanks for your advice I've now learnt how to set up my app loader and got to uploading software onto my phone but it keeps stopping at 'reconnecting at JVM', is there any way you know how to solve this?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hey dansab123,

Does leaving the battery out until this point and then reinserting it at the Reconnecting to JVM stage help?

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.