Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
yakub38
My Device: Not Specified

My blackberry 8310 has a white screen with a box in the middle?

When I boot it up I get a white with a box and a circle around it may I know what is the problem? your hlelp appreciated!! thanks

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: My blackberry 8310 has a white screen with a box in the middle?

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

What is the error message you're seeing inside the little box?  There should be three numbers listed.  Is it error 507?  If so, this means that there is no operating system installed on the phone (or that the OS has been severely compromised and is now unusable).

If this is the case, you will need to reload the OS to your phone using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.  If you have not downloaded and installed the OS to your computer before, you should download the OS from your service provider's download site.  If you need assistance with this, let me know who your service provider is and I'll help you find the download site.

Good luck!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
yakub38
My Device: Not Specified

The error message is 507 and the service provider is AT&T and let me say this you are a great help. Please email me the link at yakub38@gmail.com if possible and again I am glad to have joined this forum and get assistance.

I will recommend it to my friends who encounter problems with their blackberries.

Elite I
Krypto

No problem.  I will post the link here in a moment and I will send you the link via email as well.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite I
Krypto

[ Edited ]

Ok, here is the link: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F00E7D4

Once you are at the site, just select your model (8310) from the drop down menu and select Next.  You can download the OS on the next page.

To complete the installation, install the OS to your computer just like you would any other computer.  You can then open up the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and select Application Loader then Update Software.

If you have any problems with this, you can also load the OS by going to C:\Program Files\ Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and open the file named Loader.exe.  (Note, on 64-bit computers, the file will be under C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader\).

Let me know if you have any problems.

kmorris2012
My Device: blackberry curve 8310

Where can I find the blackberry Desktop Manager?