Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: My blackberry 9300 has a techinical fault help

Did blackberry give you a reference or ticket number?  It sounds like you can now go to orange and demand another escalation directly to rim so you don't have to pay for a support call.

My Device: Blackberry curve 9300

No they didnt give me one :smileysad: orange just keep connecting me to there technical support who literally do nothing i wonder whether its my settings on my handset an iv done something any ideads of what to check iv been looking up foroums an stuff all night 2 seek advice
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

This sounds like the device pin/imei has been blocked either for nonpayment of the bill or the device has been reported lost/stolen.

The only way to sort it out is through your carrier and have them escalate the case to RIM. They won't always do this without you pressing them but tell them you want the case escalated to RIM.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
Sophie12345

Contributor
Sophie12345

But the phone rings out an stuff its all working i can make calls receive texts send texts everything use the internet its just the pin i think i may just take it back to the person i brought it off an demand a refund its giving me a lot of hastle
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Hello sophie12345,

I am a friend of Wolf359, I am willing to help you (and if I succeed, Wold359 will have to buy me some Twinkies and send them to France)

First of all, English is not my mother tongue, and I am having some difficulties understanding your messages because of the incomplete spelling, and lack of punctuation sign. Can you please take some time to write in proper English "that even a Frenchman will understand" ? Thanks in advance.

So my first objective is to understand what has worked, what the situation is as far as you see things, and what you age tried so far. Once I have all that, maybe I'll have a bright light in my head.

Please read all below, bear with me, I had to type all that so read carefully and tell me when I said somethinh incorrect.

First objective

Do I understand correctly what happened before your got the phone?

• The 9300 in the past belonged to a friend (let's call him Thorsten).
  • Your friend's SIM card was from Orange UK.
  • when your friend used it, the 9300 worked perfectly for phone calls, the Appworld, Facebook, email and the browser, when using WiFi.
  • you do not have the information whether all that worked without WiFi (= using only the cellular network).

The current situation

do I understand correctly your situation before you came on the forum ?

• With your Orange UK sim card, and without WiFi, you can initiate phone calls, receive phone calls, send & receive SMS messages, but no browsing
  • With your Orange UK SIM card and with WiFi, all the apps you have tried work, except BBm
  • You have not tried without your SIM card, and with WiFi
  • You have tried using the "send Host Routing Table" with your SIM card in the phone, but never received the message stating that your device has been registered to the network.
  • you do not have the BlackBerry symbol in the top right corner of the home screen, and you don't have the WiFi symbol either.

What you have tried

• you bought a Vodaphone SIM card with a BlackBerry package, inserted it in your device, but it did not seem to work better.
  • You inserted again your Orange SIM card, then went to the Orange shop, they reset something (do you remember what?), but does not work much better
  • you have used the diagnostic tool on your phone, all seems fine except the BlackBerry registration ("not connected") and the pin-pin test.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
Sophie12345

Yes all of the above is correct an yes he had it connected to the wireless network as he was using the pin, i can ring text an use credit internet all the time just my blackberry services wont work unless using wifi an in which case they work okay but the pin doesnt and refuses to activate along with the host routing
Contributor
Sophie12345

The phone works absolutely perfect accept the pin my sim cards are both activated as when i put them in other blackberry handsets they get the blackberry sign next to the signal bar an work fine its actually my handset
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Again, this indicates to me a blocked pin on the BB data network. You MUST contact your carrier and have them escalate the case to RIM. ONLY they will be able to help with this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

(punctuation please, I'm French)

well if everything works using Wifi except BBm, it's an easy one in my opinion. Your friend must release the PIN so that your sim card can link to it.

Please read this article from the public knowledge base:

KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

your friend must do the steps of the seller, then you will be able to do the steps of the buyer. I strongly advise you to use your own "BlackBerry ID". You can create one on http://bbid.com/ .

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: