Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Thandiebbz1
My Device: Curve 8520

My blackberry curve 8520 is frozen

I have Took the battery out several times but when I turn it on its stuck on the unlock page. I can move the scroller but I can't click anything so I can't use it! PLEASE HELP ITS URGENT.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: My blackberry curve 8520 is frozen

Try reloading the Operating System

check this thread out:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Thandiebbz1

this didn't work as it is instructions for a blackberry storm, is there anything for a curve 8520?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

The instructions work for any device, and any compatible OS package for that device.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Thandiebbz1

unfortunately, it didn't work bu the scroller is now working but  just can't click anything? anything else that could help?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Golly...with the complexity of the instructions provided, I am at a loss as to what exactly "didn't work" about them. I'm also astounded that you could complete them in merely 4 minutes...that would be some kind of record for sure. Are you sure you haven't left something out?

Remember...all I have is your words to go by...guessing on my part serves no purpose, so I need details from you so that I can understand what you do, what you see, and exactly what happens as a result of what you do.

Thanks.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Thandiebbz1

I did the actions about 3hours ago but when it came back on it was still frozen. Then i hit it and that's when the scroller started working. It will scroll but I can't select or press any keys to type my password in.
The message notifications and Bbm messages come up but its just the keys and clicking that won't work.

Many thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ohhhh!!! That makes a world of difference, and since my clairvoyance app has been out of service, I could not know that earlier from the words you posted earlier. Thanks! It makes much more sense now!

I still don't know what didn't work in the process, but no matter...from what you describe, you likely have a hardware problem with your "scroller". If that's a rollerball, they are prone to wear and tear, especially since it's a human digit that is in contact with them. What you did is often recommended -- not "hitting it", but pressing pretty hard and rolling at the same time. Also, removing it and very lightly cleaning with alcohol (with the batttery out, of course), and be sure to let it dry completely.

Anyway, it sounds like you are on your way. If you want to pursue the OS reload, then please post what went wrong in that so that perhaps we can guide you in the proper direction.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Thandiebbz1

Thank you! The cleaning and pressing hard worked, got it working now at least :smileyhappy: 

Much appreciated. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.