Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Utsuro
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: .

My blackberry curve is continually on ''No Service''

My blackberry works well until i broke its screen , but after i replaces it, the networks arent working anymore.

I tried the sim card , on my old cellphone and it works well , i could call and all.

But its only when i put it in my blackberry that it says ``no service`` * My blackberry knows my number and i even imported my contacts, means that it recognized my sim card.

I also tried to ''scan available networks''  but it always says ''Scan for the networks times out. Please try again''. So i turned it off , took off the sim card waited awhile and then put it back. But , it just cant connect to anything !!

Is it my phones problem , the company who changed the screens problem or my sims cards problem ?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: My blackberry curve is continually on ''No Service''

Hello Utsuro

Since the sim worked in another phone so it can't be faulty. The fact that it fell, breaking the screen the sim card slot could have been damaged as well during the fall. Its possible when repairing the screen they somehow damaged the slot but I don't see them admitting it if they did. Its also possible the repair guy mistakely did that when repairing the screen.

Then again it may not be sim card slot but your phones antenna that's faulty, it could a small issue here. Some if the housing is not placed backed properly the antenna does
not function well or its damaged all together.

Its easily fixed.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Utsuro
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: .

Thank you very much :smileyhappy:

I just tried my sim card on my brothers cellphone and works
I also tried to take my borthers sim card and put it in my blackberry , ''No service'' :I

On my blackberry , when i try to call someone , it shows my number and all , so i think that it detects the sim (ish ?)

So i can basically go to that guy again and ask him about the antenna ?

Sorry for being bad with electronics :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Yes ask him check both but I think its the antenna and make sure they use new parts not used parts frm another phone rather pay more but its cheaper than buying another phone.

Good luck, 4am my side, I'll check back later on.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rustybronco
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: PagePlus

[ Edited ]

I don't know if this will be of any help to you. But when I've opened two BB 8530 models (cdma version) there was an inductor or coil located behind the LCD screen which fell off the motherboard when the screen was removed. I believe the wifi antenna is located in the black rubberized housing and this COULD POSSIBLY (not for sure) be the phones antenna. Sorry,but I've yet to find out for certain what that coil is used for as I haven't yet powered them up to try and find out.

I hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rustybronco
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: PagePlus

A small update... I connected the LCD to the motherboard, installed them into the back half of the case and connected and installed a battery. While the phone was booting, all I got was white screen without the inductor (coil) on the board.
Please use plain text.