Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
catasaurus
My Device: Not Specified

My blackberry freezes

Sometimes when I'm texting, my blackberry just freezes.  Is it because it's over loading because I use it too much?  Also, it like restarts itself and then all my messages and call logs get erased.  Is there a way I can fix this?
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: My blackberry freezes

Sounds like your device is running low on memory. Check under Options | Status and see what your File Free Number is. Afterwards take the battery out of your device for 1 min and put it back in. Check your File Free number again to see if it increased. A more permanent solution for ways to free up space can be found in this post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=9225#M9225

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
catasaurus
My Device: Not Specified

Is 26285174 bytes a low number?  Because I tried it and it still freezes when I text
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

You have low free memory left on your device. I usually average around 45 to 46 MGM.

Do you have a lot of third party applications on your BB , weather, I call,bbalerts etc?

I do not know your experience level, so if you know this I'm sorry but please read and let me

know if this applies.

Most people close the applications by pressing the escape or red key. This does not close the applications.

Each application has a CLOSE option. For instance if you are in the calendar hit the menu key (spotted key) and scroll down to the bottom CLOSE is listed. Go through each application and press close. Go into the browser press menu and options select cache operations clear all categories and hit escape it will say cleaning memory.

Go to options - security - memory cleaning - enable it. The BB will now clean memory when idle for 5 minutes.

you will have an icon on you screen for memory cleaning make sure you press it. Make sure you use the CLOSE button each time you are done with an application.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=9225#M9225

If you follow these steps and keep up with your memory your phone will operate smoothly.

Please let us know if you need help with any of the steps.

Thanks,

Please complete all the steps listed and and I believe you will see a big improvement in your phones functions.

Let us know if we can help!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

I think it's a problem of too many applications running atthe same time.

I think you should first try the "soft reboot" tip :
hit the three keys at the same time :

• Alt
  • Right Shift
  • Del

if that does not work, try the "hard reboot" tip :
  1. with the blackberry on, remove the battery and wait for a minute.
  2. put the battery back and wait for 5 minutes for the blackberry to

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
chesspro
My Device: Blackberry - Bold

Thank you for your posts guys. Bifocals, provided the solution that work for me.  Best solution I found. 

ginceasar
My Device: Oxford

I got the new Oxford flip 2 months ago and it freezes all the time. Texting, starting an email, searching, whenever. It also does not allow me delete "prior" messages, often. I hope this fixes itself when I go to Sprint next week?
ginceasar
My Device: Oxford

And also the battery has to be recharged twice a day and I am at home with a broken foot, so don't use it much??
Visitor
shaquille
My Device: bold 9700

Hello When I Try To Cut On My Mobile NetWork My Black Berry Freezess.....Why Is This Happening And How Can I Fix It?

silverlineing
My Device: 0800

alll you need is a memory card cause it hasnt got anoth mem