Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

daireo
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

My phone keeps rebooting

My phone keeps rebooting at least 5 times a day, and everytime it reboots,when it turns back on at least 60% of my battery is gone. Even when it doesnt reboot the battery still only lasts 4-8 hours but thats rare as it reboots everyday now. I also know that there is no fault with the battery as i tried a different battery but it still happens. Any one know what is wrong and how I could fix it. Thanks

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: My phone keeps rebooting

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may need to consider more drastic actions -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, and the "Bare Bones" OS Reload Process. To prepare, you should be sure that you have a full backup to your PC...please review the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
zeba_ahmedd
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360

My phone keeps rebooting, it started at 8am it just keeps restarting over and over again so i wiped my phone to see what happens it was fine for a while then it started to restart it keeps restarting and is becoming very annoying do you have any advice? i know it cant be the battery as i tried a different battery 

my phone model is blackberrry 9360 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From your description, I cannot reach the same conclusion that it's not the battery. The test I provided is very specific, requiring a batter swap with a "known good" device/battery...from what you describe, you perhaps completed 25% of that actual test, so I cannot reach the same conclusion as you did.

However, there remain other "tricks" in the post above that you can try...one of which is an article specifically for the behavior you describe. Please read and follow those.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
zeba_ahmedd

well basically i have taken out the battery and nothing has happened i even plugged my device into the laptop and nothing has happened my blackberry keeps on restarting i took the battery out for a while and my device still wasnt fixed what else do you need to know? 

i even left my blackberry to charge but it still reboots i dont have any apps on my phone i just have whatsapp and twitter i always close all my apps i dont know what is wrong with it?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

There is nothing more I need to know at this point. So far, several things have been recommended in this thread, none of which you have so far followed as far as I can tell (from what you say). Until you try the things already recommended, it is rather useless to keep guessing...the recommended tests and actions are intended to help narrow down the possible causes. Not conducting those things means that the entire range of possibility remains wide open...which makes it rather impossible to actually diagnose anything for your situation. If you conduct the tests, you may well be able to eliminate some things as causal and perhaps begin to identify what the true root cause is. But, you doing nothing that's been recommended means that no progress can be made for your situation...

To recap, here are the things I think you should try...

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may need to consider more drastic actions -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, and the "Bare Bones" OS Reload Process. To prepare, you should be sure that you have a full backup to your PC...please review the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

You also may want to test your battery...to do so, start with try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
zeba_ahmedd

i need my phone for college, im thinking to get rid of my blackberry now :smileysad:
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

If you are unwilling to do what kind volunteers recommend for you, then indeed you probably should get rid of it. And don't bother to replace it with any other SmartPhone...all devices have difficulties from time to time, and if you are equally unwilling to work through that with a different device, then it won't matter what device you have.

Good luck.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
klichowicz
My Device: Z10

Best to check your phone memory!! Problem solved and no more reboots!!