Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ryan_naude_sa
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: 27822971633

My screen wont scroll

Curve 9360.

My track pad work, the application I am scrolling to displays in the top bar, however my screen remains static and I can't scroll down on any screen, application or website.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Ryan Naude

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
unleashurself
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: My screen wont scroll

Hi,

Please pull out Battery, while device is Powered ON and re-insert it after a min. Hope this process help you to come out of this..!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi ryan_naude_sa

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

As a first step have you tried a Battery Pull Restart ? If not do it like this hile your device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min then re-insert it back after reboot see if you are able to scroll.

If problem still persist then try to start your device On safe mode :

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

On Safe Mode if you are able to scroll freely then the problem might be because of any Installed third party application , any Themes or a wallpaper  you have on your device. So try to remove that application that you think might be responsible for this issue .

Please try it and see if that resolves your issue.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ryan_naude_sa

Tried both, no luck.

Just to clarify, it does scroll, if the menu bar is collapsed it does maximise, and I can scroll to the applications and click on them. I can see the names of the application I have scrolled to in the heading of the menu bar, but the screen itself doesn't move down with the scrolling.

Any help is much appreciated guy. Thanks for the assistance so far.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

[ Edited ]

ryan_naude_sa wrote:

Just to clarify, it does scroll, if the menu bar is collapsed it does maximise, and I can scroll to the applications and click on them. I can see the names of the application I have scrolled to in the heading of the menu bar, but the screen itself doesn't move down with the scrolling.

Hi ryan_naude_sa

Oh so you having problem on that , To minimize that screen just hit Enter on that lower bar, Does it minimize now !

Edit : On your Homescreen Press the Menu key > Options > Scroll down under heading Home Screen Panels Click on Manage panels > On that screen make sure you have marked all .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ryan_naude_sa

I'm not having a problem maximising or minimising the panel. And I can scroll perfectly within the panel.

Here's the example.

Facebook app is on the 4th row of my "All" panel. When maximised I only see 3 rows. If I scroll down, it replaces the "All" heading with the application I am hovering over in essance. but the application never move down, but the scroll bar does. I can scroll until I see Facebook in the panel header, however the apps haven't moved down a row so I can see the 4th row of my home panel.

If I then open facebook, or any application, the screen again refuses to move down, but I am scrolling blind so to speak, if I click on something it takes me to where I would have been if the screen had moved.

Any ideas.

Please use plain text.
fabiodacosta98
My Device: blackberrybold9900
My Carrier: rogera

That's exactly the same problem I have with my 9900 bold the track pad works but it wont scroll and on the menu it won't move but It shows on the top which application im hovering above
Please use plain text.