Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

My text messages wont send? I tried it with at least 20 Contacts,none receive my text message (SMS)

My text messages wont send? I tried it with at least 20 Contacts,none receive my text message (SMS)

I asked them to resend me a text to see if i would receive them..Never got anything..

Can some one help me? I just got my BB Curve 8830 Today Smiley Sad !
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Re: My text messages wont send? I tried it with at least 20 Contacts,none receive my text message (S

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Can you check the SMS Settings with another BB user on your carrier?

Check Options - SMS.

Data Coding and Service Centre and  Networo to Send over are important.

If they are ok then its two issues:

1) The OS on the handset is faulty - do an OS reload.

2) youve got a Network problem at the carriers end. Lodge a network fault on it.

Since SMS has nothing to do with BB Data, you can confirm this by putting the SIM card into any other phone and trying to send an SMS. If it doesnt work then that proves its not a BB issue!

Message Edited by OzBBerry42 on 08-13-2009 01:13 PM

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
New Contributor
My Device: 8830
My Carrier: ?

Re: My text messages wont send? I tried it with at least 20 Contacts,none receive my text message (SMS)

Hi I have just purchased an 8830 and cannot send sms although calling is ok.

It shows as sent but actually doesn't.

My sim card works in my old phone. 

Any update on what I can do? Thanks

Developer
My Device: 8350i for Nextel

Re: My text messages wont send? I tried it with at least 20 Contacts,none receive my text message (SMS)

If it is giving you a red X instead of a black check mark, then you are not registered on the Blackberry network. If you were able to send before, then you need to power off your phone and power it on again. Occassionally you need to take the battery out once you have powered it off (do not remove battery while phone is on unless instructed to do so).

If you have not sent messages before, than contact your carrier to make sure your settings are correct for messaging.