Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Regular Contributor
5eleven
My Device: Bold 9650
Accepted Solution

MySpace email error

Had some notification problems with MySpace on my wife's 8330 Curve.  Got that fixed, but now, whenever she opens the application to check her messages, the app dies, and she gets this message:

Uncaught exception:  UI engine accessed without holding the event lock.

Any help would be appreciated.  I did a search and found a similar problem, which appeared to relate to java.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times.  A hard reset may help, but what is causing the problem in the first place?  That's what I need to figure out and prevent...

Thanks in advance.

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: MySpace email error

That is an internal application error, caused by incorrect approach in programming of UI interactions.

Contact the application support team to clarify the sitation and get the fixed version.

Regular Contributor
5eleven

[ Edited ]

No disrespect, but I don't even know what you just said.  Much less how contact the application support team for a fixed version.

I have downloaded, removed and re-downloaded this application on her Curve at least six times.  Wouldn't the conflict be within the OS programming, and not the application?  Otherwise, I would think every Sprint 8330 user with the application would be reporting the same problem.

I think I'm just not following what you are saying/suggesting.  Could you please clarify?

I might add that a hard reset did fix it... the goal is to find out what's causing the necessity for the reset...

Message Edited by 5eleven on 11-28-2008 01:38 AM
Developer

Sorry for too technical words :smileyhappy:

When a programmer creates an application there are some rules to follow.

Neglecting these rules will cause such problems like you descibed with UI engine.

User cannot resolve this problem. It is up to application developer.

Yes, someone may advise you to try to reinstall, and do something else - but the internal problem of that application will persist.

Hard reset just clears the device memory. But the problem is not in your device, it is into the application.

And only developer can fix this problem.

If something is not clear - do not hesitate to ask.

Developer

To resolve this situation - contact the application developers.

Who implemented this application? MySpace?

If so - contact MySpace support and provide them with information about the error.

When they update the application - download the fixed version and install it instead of broken one.

Regular Contributor
5eleven

Well.  Thank you very much.  That's the answer I needed!

Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Hello and welc:smileyhappy:me to the F:smileyhappy:rums!

Did you get your myspace worked out ?   i have been using it since it was released and haven't had any problems as of yet.

:smileyhappy:

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem with the MySpace app. everything runs fine apart from messages. I get the following message every time I go to the In Box:

Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_myspace (594) is not responding; process terminated

Regular Contributor
5eleven

Thanks cathlabnurse and gordon_j.

I have no problems on my Curve...but of course, I really don't use MySpace.  The problem is with my wife's Curve.  I did a hard reset, and it works. For now.  And I have seen that message as well on her device.  I'd like to either figure out what program causes the conflict, or who to report the problem/bug to.  Seems like we are the only two people on the planet having an issue.

Contributor
Gordon_J
My Device: Not Specified

I've reported the error to MySpace. Will post when I get a reply.