Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
campbam
My Device: Curve 8520

NAC Code

[ Edited ]

copied & pasted in error - not by me.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: NAC Code Request

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

A couple of things, so please bear with me.

This site is a user-to-user community...not a channel for making any formal requests of, escalations to, or receiving support from BlackBerry for any purpose whatsoever.

BlackBerry does not provide unlock codes to any end users under any circumstances. The carriers hold the sole responsibility for providing such codes, and each may have their own set of rules that they follow. It is sad that your carrier has been so unhelpful, but they are your sole source of a "free" unlock code.

All of that said, this thread contains the best guidance for your situation, including some links to reputable fee-based services to obtain unlock codes:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
campbam
My Device: Curve 8520

NAC Code

[ Edited ]

copied & pasted in error.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: NAC Code Request

You still misunderstand...and I fear have been greatly misguided by your service provider. The participants in this forum are NOT the manufacturer...so there is no "you" when you refer to "you" as being the BlackBerry company. This forum is a user-to-user community (sponsored and hosted by BlackBerry, but not formally participated by same except under unusual circumstances), but it is not a channel for any communications with BlackBerry for anything whatsoever. Whoever told you otherwise was, quite simply, wrong...and has directly introduced your confusion factors -- which, if you'll just take a moment to absorb the words that I'm writing to you, we can hopefully clear up.

So, with that (again) out of the way, you have been misguided greatly on this issue...for, as I said, BlackBerry gives out no unlock codes to any end users under any circumstances. Further, even if you wish to formally make that request of BlackBerry, this forum is not the venue by which to do so (btw...there is no free venue for you to bypass your contract and directly ask BlackBerry anything at all)...you can only make requests of BlackBerry by being escalated up to BlackBerry by your provider...contractually, that is the sole method available to have any direct communication with BlackBerry. Contractually, all parties are bound to that process.

What I'd suggest is that you ring up your provider again...hopefully reaching someone who is better trained. For the person you've already spoken to has given you many incorrect bits of information.

Failing that, I've already provided you a link to a very helpful thread that discusses how to otherwise (fee based) obtain an unlock code. To use those, you don't need any miracles at all...just to read, absorb the information received, and choose your path.

Lastly...and again (since it seems to not be sinking in)...you are not, by virtue of posting to this forum, communicating with anyone affiliated with BlackBerry. If you review the Ts and Cs that were presented to you when you signed up here, you will see that this is the case...that this is a user-to-user community of volunteers who try to help out other kind souls to the best of their abilities. But it is not a method to communicate with BlackBerry for anything, for that would be violating those contracts to which everyone is bound (and about which whoever you spoke to at your provider is woefully lacking in adequate training).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code