Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
sennat_mba
My Device: BLACKBERRY 9320
My Carrier: AIRTEL

NEW 9320! CURVE HANGS ...!DURING INCOMING CALLS! NO BUTTON WORKS! PLS HELP ME

Recently, i was purchased New 9320. I am very much fedup with this new 9320The phone completely hangs during my incoming calls , no button works & nothing happens. . Each and every time I’ve  to remove the battery & reboot 4 to 5 times.

This happened once when it was in the holster too ,said “keypad locked” and nothing except the power off button worked (the power off button did nothing to help though)

This is frustrating ,especially for a first time Blackberry user like me

Is it a software problem with the 7.1 OS or something else? Please any one help me.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: NEW 9320! CURVE HANGS ...!DURING INCOMING CALLS! NO BUTTON WORKS! PLS HELP ME

Hello sennat_mba,

Welcome to the Community,

Press and hold you Menu Key for a few seconds it will pop up the screen showing the application running in the background generally those five will always there Home,Phone,Browser,Message,BBM  make sure no other programe run in the background,also always close programs like browser,apps etc when exiting. If you feel uncomfortable removing the battery then you can try soft restart press alt + R Shift ( aA^ ) + Del it will do a soft restart .

I don't think there is any problem with OS 7.1 , well if you are not at all satisfied  with the performance of your device you can try Reloading your OS. which will make your device fast again but always remember to keep BACKUP before doing anything also make use of Blackberry Protect  its easy and free.

Here is ho to take a clean reload of your deviceHow to perform a clean Reload of Blackberry device software for windows

Or you can look at this thread How to reload your OS

To download the latest Desktop software  Download Desktop Software

Hope your problem resolves. Do let us know.

Good Luck

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PrafullaJain
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: NEW 9320! CURVE HANGS ...!DURING INCOMING CALLS! NO BUTTON WORKS! PLS HELP ME

Hi,

Is your problem Solved ?

I just bought Curve 9320, and I am facing the same issue.

Please let me know the solution.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi PrafullaJain ,

Welcome to the Community,

Whenever you see or feel any unusual in your device Please Perform a Battery Pull Restart like this While Device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till the device take a long Reboot.Battery pull restart is considered as the first step in resolving any problem within the device.

Good Luck

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PrafullaJain

That is what I am doing right now, but thats a short term solution. It happens 7-10 times a day. Have to do this exercise again and again.

Is not there a permanent solution for this problem ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Prafulla Jain,

Try to avoid to much app, don't leave your Browser open and many things as I said on my first post.

Regarding Battery pull is concerned Yes you have to do that Exercise or you can also perform a soft reset by pressing  alt + RShift ( aA^) +Del it will also perform a device restart.

Have a look at this Link  Battery pulls on your BlackBerry - when, why and how 

Good Luck

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sennat_mba

STILL THE PROBLEM CONTINUES.. i REQUEST YOU TO GIVE A PERMANENT SOLUTION FOR RESOLVING THIS ISSUE.
PLEASE CONTACT THE DEVELOPER AND RESOLVE THE ISSUE AT EARLIEST FOR ALL THE CUSTOMER WHO HAVE PURCHASED THIS DEVICE.

I WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE PERMANENT BLACKBERRY CUSTOMERS.. I AM EXPECTING POSTIVE REPLY FROM YOUR END.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sennat_mba

Dear prafulla jain,

Only way ...you should not lock the keypad during the day. If you did so, it is not necessary to remove the battery and restart. otherwise, we have to remove the battery and restart the device several times.

Blackberry forum have to give a permanant solution for this kind of issue for all the customer.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PrafullaJain

Will Reloading the OS help ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sennat_mba

No, still the same problem continues in my device. you can see the same problem continous for all the customer who have purchased this device. kindly give a permanant solution
Please use plain text.