Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
freepressright
My Device: Curve 3710

NO connection on Blackberry Curve - second phone in week with same problem

I am now on my second Blackberry Curve 9310 (Verizon CDMA via Straight Talk) in a weeks’time, and it has lost Internet connection for no explainable reason and it cannot be restored. I activated my first phone on Sunday, and by late Monday it had lost connection with no explaination.

I could receive texts and calls just fine, but absolutely no Internet or network connection of any kind -- dead on the vine.

After calling tech support, presumably somewhere in India where none of the techs spoke fluent English, I found myself shuffled to four people and told over and over again to do the same thing. The call lasted over an hour. I gave up. Frustrated, I chalked it up to a defective phone and exchanged it.

Tuesday  night I went and got a new Blackberry, swapping out the old one. I went through activation and transfer of minutes. Everything was working beautifully until this morning, almost the same amount of time the last phone was working fine, and then the Internet connection died and cannot be resurrected.

I'm frustrated beyond words at this point. I had a Blackberry for years and I love them. I did not want to switch over to a Droid powered phone, but it looks like I might have to. What could possibly be causing this issue?

Please use plain text.
Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: NO connection on Blackberry Curve - second phone in week with same problem

Hello freepressright,

Do you know if the symbol next to your signal strength is displaying in lowercase currently? Ex: 3g/3G?

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
awthigpen1
My Device: curve 9310

Re: NO connection on Blackberry Curve - second phone in week with same problem

I have the same phone and had the same problems until I did this, see if it fixes your problems. Click the top part of your homescreen to open manage connections click mobile network and click menu button and run diagnostics.
Please use plain text.