Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Developer
schultzeworks
My Device: Not Specified

Need 3D data / dimensions for Curve 8300 series

I am a product designer working on a new Curve 8300-series case for a client. I have been trying to track down the technical dimensions of this model, but so far, no luck!

Can anyone help me with either the 3D-data, 2D-scaled dimensioned drawings, or good place to go look? I've tried everywhere.

Thanks, Dave
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: Need 3D data / dimensions for Curve 8300 series

I'm not sure if this information is readily available. The best place to start is by contacting RIM to see if they will release this information to you: http://www.rim.com/company/contact/index.shtml

Alternatively you could do your own measurements if you have a model available (not easy measuring all the intricate dimensions, but that depends on the tolerances and fit you are aiming to achieve. 

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
New Developer
schultzeworks
My Device: Not Specified

No luck yet... RIM and Blackberry are a dead end

My client and I have tried every possible email address and department. We have received one or two polite replies saying they would "look into it" and the last one "we'll check with legal" but we haven't received a single dimension. The problem is that the published sizes are a little off, since the case tapers and curves.

Any further suggestions?

FYI : Apple, of all companies, provides a nice set of plans for the iPhone. C'mon, Blackberry is supposed to more open than Apple.

Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: No luck yet... RIM and Blackberry are a dead end

Sorry, I'm not sure anyone on here can be of more help :smileysad: We are all just normal everyday users helping each other out. The forums are only monitored by RIM but they don't take ideas or comments from users over here. I hope you manage to get what you need :smileyhappy:
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)