Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ads295
My Device: Not Specified

Need help - Curve 8520 won't open company id

I bought a new BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone and I would like to know how to configure mail accounts such that i get alerts on every e-mail received. How do i do this? I clicked the "Setup email" option, but it gives me only one option - which requires a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. I have not set up an Enterprise Server in my company. So how do I go about it?
Also, to open our company account, we have to go to the following webpage: http://www.ksdiesels.com/webmail. Open this webpage and read on. To log in, you have to enter your ID and password in a pop up, right? So, because of this, this web page (and therefore our company account) cannot be opened on the device! This was one of the main reasons I bought this fone! To check that account on it! How can i open this mail account?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,953
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Need help - Curve 8520 won't open company id

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider?

You must, in order to get the RIM push email functions you are looking for, as well as addtional BlackBerry data services such as the internet browser, Facebook for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Messenger, and much more.

So, call your carrier an inquire about having the BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ads295

well i can surf the Web and check my mail on Yahoo.... And "edge" appears on my screen all the time... Isn't that enough?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Nope, it's not enough.

You are likely surfing the web via your WiFi connection.

And, you need "EDGE" (full caps) to have full BlackBerry data functions.

So, call your carrier.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ads295

I am confident that I am not surfing over WiFi, and EDGE does appear in caps on the screen, beside where the signal strength is usually displayed. In fact, I even received an SMS from "Blackberry" saying I was registered for their data service. What do i do now?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

ads295 wrote:

I am confident that I am not surfing over WiFi, and EDGE does appear in caps on the screen, beside where the signal strength is usually displayed. In fact, I even received an SMS from "Blackberry" saying I was registered for their data service. What do i do now?

ok, cool, good to know, because 'edge' in your earlier post is not the same as "EDGE".

And BlackBerry doesn't send SMS messages, they come via PIN message to your device.

So go to your setup and configure you email accounts. Choose the personal email set up function. It should be there now, and if it is not, do a powered on, battery pull reboot and check again.

good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ads295

i did everything, and now that pop up opens correctly, and I can input the username id and password. However, the pictures do not load correctly inside the mailbox ( i get tiny boxes with red crosses in them). Only some pictures load. and despite pulling out the battery while the phone was on and everything, i still don't get any option other than setting up an e-mail with BlackBerry Enterprise Server! Please Help!! Also, when i click a link inside the mailbox, i get the following error:

"HTTP Error 404:Not Found. The page you are trying to load could not be found. Please try loading a different page."

This isn't due to BlackBerry problems right? Should I contact my IT admin? Thanks.

Please use plain text.