Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
txpurson
My Device: Not Specified

Need help - Smiley Face Emoticon near voice mail alert icon

This icon just appeared today on my curve.  It is in the same area as the little cassette icon for voice mail and the envelope icon for emails.  What is it and how do I access whatever it is?

Thanks!!!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Sugrat
My Device: Verizon 8330

Re: Need help - Smiley Face Emoticon near voice mail alert icon

It is probably a message that someone has sent you a 'messager message' - have a look at your blackberry messager and see if you have anyone asking you to add them or for a response.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
joji

thanks! same thing happened to me last night. I got this emoticon and can't figure out how to get rid of it. i checked my Messages, SMS and MMS messages, even my calendar! Sooooo..... what's the difference between the BB Messenger, Messages and SMS & MMS messages? Thanks again!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Sugrat
My Device: Verizon 8330

joji wrote:
thanks! same thing happened to me last night. I got this emoticon and can't figure out how to get rid of it. i checked my Messages, SMS and MMS messages, even my calendar! Sooooo..... what's the difference between the BB Messenger, Messages and SMS & MMS messages? Thanks again!

Not a problem. 

MMS = is picture messaging

SMS = is like simple text messages, like phone to phone

Not sure, but I think BB Messenger and Messages are probably the same.

I hope that helps!

Please use plain text.
SubDrvr79

This was spot on help! I guess I wish there was more of this information available when I set up my blackberry. 

I do notice that when I carry on a conversation in Messenger,  it is more like being in a chat room than being in a txt conversation. However, I do like that I can use emoticons. Can non-blackberry contacts work in Messenger? :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

if you are using blackberry messenger, you can only communicate with blackberry users on BB data plan.

if you are using 3rd party apps such as live msgr, yahoo msgr, gtalk, or aim you can communicate with anyone on those accounts.

All of the above are free to download and install

there is a fee based software that you can download and install as well that will do all the above in 1 app except BBmsgr

This program is called Jivetalk www.beejive.com

Please use plain text.