Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ravindra31090
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Singtel

Need help restoring data after security wipe - Urgent!

Hello,

I am in need of urgent help.

I had saved some really important information in the memos of my blackberry curve 8520. After that I changed my phone to a non-blackberry phone. but I still had the old phone but it was kept off most of the time. I had backups from June 13, 2013. very recently I wiped the phone. (Very big mistake) Now I am in need of that information that I had saved in the memos. Now when I visit the blackberry protect website through my laptop it shows that the back up is there with 15 memos and many other things. but when I open the app of blackberry protect on my phone it shows that there are no previous versions of backup available to restore. 

Now please tell me and help with this. I badly need the information that I have stored in the memos of this earlier back up version.

Another thing I have noticed is that there is a problem in the link between BB Protect website and the BB Protect app on my phone. For example, if I click on "Play Sound" or "Display a message" on the BB Protect website, it tries to communicate with the device and then waits for the device to respond and then it fails to do the function clicked.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
mondi21
My Device: 9320/7.1.0.865 (B2428)

Re: Need help restoring data after security wipe - Urgent!

Are you on a data plan that includes BlackBerry protect?.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ravindra31090

I dont know. my blackberry data plan allows everything right now. I'm assuming protect is also supported. 

Because the phone app of Protect took an initial back up as soon as it started ast night and i tried restoring from that back up and it worked. the only earlier back up that is showing as of now in the app is of last night.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Please check very very very very (did I say that enough?) carefully that you are using the exact same BBID credentials on your new BB that you are logging into via PC.

If they are not the same, then that explains why it cannot present you with those backups on the device...they are associated to a different BBID than you are using on your BB now. To change your BB over to the BBID that contains the backups you require, you must WIPE the BB:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

However, be very careful when you then associate the BB to that other BBID...done incorrectly, you can lose your prior backups...refer:

• KB31489 BlackBerry Protect for BlackBerry smartphones does not display any backup files to restore

Then again, if you are using the exact same BBID on both the device as well as via PC/browser, then the method discussed in KB31489 may already have been done incorrectly, wiping out those prior backups (and there is no way to retrieve them).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ravindra31090

Hey! Thanks for replying

Yes I have entered the same credentials as my earlier BBID.

There is a version of June 13 in the BB Protect website. Which means earlier versions have not been erased.

I have entered the same credentials over and over again (which means wiping over and over again) in the BB Protect app on the phone. But it has never showed the version of June 13 as it is there in the BB Protect website.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Then I'm out of guesses. I have no way to know why you are seeing one thing via PC/browser and something different via the device interface to BB Protect. We have no access to any "back end" systems to check such things. You might try searching the public KB database to see if perhaps there is a different article that is more on point to your situation.

Otherwise, in order to dig any deeper, you would need formal support, which you would obtain via your carrier and formal escalation to BlackBerry.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ravindra31090

Okay thanks buddy.

Please use plain text.