Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Need help with BB Weather please.

I have been trying to find the best weather app for my phone. I am currently using weathereye and weather bug. I tried using BB weather but all it ever says is "Error: invalid url parameter" Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it? Also if anyone has any suggestions for a different weather app I would love to hear about it. I am on a mission for the best weather app out there. (Free of course, my bill is high enough with a blackerry and iphone!)
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Need help with BB Weather please.

I use BB weather as well, I think it's pretty good. I especially like the multiple locations feature as I spend alot of time outdoors. And as you mentioned...THE PRICE IS RIGHT :smileyhappy:

Regarding BB weather, do you have the right permissions set?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Forgot to put in this URL on weather app discussions:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/best-weather-app-these-days-51555/index4.html

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
firebuff612
My Device: Not Specified

I use Weatherbug. I like the fact that it sends Severe Weather Alerts, the temp is displayed with the icon on the Apps screen, and the local Weatherbug location in my city I personally helped set up at the local elementary school.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Thanks very much for the link Bifocals. But I am a quite new BB user and I don't know where the permissions are or what they are supposed to be set to.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

When you installed it did you allow it to set itself up?  If so it probably has the right permissions.

Look in BB weather, click options make sure DISABLE MDS PROXY is checked, as you are not on a BES.

Did you look up the city codes on http://www.aspnetresources.com/tools/locid.aspx ? I couldn't get any results when I used zipcodes.

If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas. Other than one: Watch the Weather Channel! :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
skiansail
My Device: Not Specified

when it comes to weather, I've tryed them all. I like weather.com because of hourly reports and details available if you need them. I have found pocket express adaquate for everyday use.
Please use plain text.