Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Need help with Calendar

Hi There,

I have a BB 8310 from AT &T (complete morons) who had me update my BB software to 4.5 today and also update the desktop manager to 4.6.  Prior to that no one said anything about doing a Backup & Restore so once all was done after hours of time wasted (I hate the new look).  Anyways, I realized that all my contacts were in my Yahoo email so once I synced I was able to retrieve them.  However, my calendar is saved in MS Outlook which I haven't used for email in over 3 years.  My outlook is connected to an old email address which has been cancelled years ago.  How do I get all my calendar to sync from outlook to my BB?  Please help as it will save me lots of time.

Also, why is my BB Messenger stuck under a folder called "Applications" and how do I move all those out of the folder and onto my home screen?

Finally, how do I get a home screen where I can see upcoming appointments and messages (as I used to before this dumb update)?

Thanks,

Rani

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Need help with Calendar

The following steps will help you to configure synchronization -
  1. Connect your device using Desktop Manager and click on Synchronize
  2. From the menu on the left click Synchronization under Configuration
  3. Again click Synchronization button on the right which will give you option to Select Device Application that you want to synchronize
  4. Put the check mark and you'll get a prompt to Select Desktop Application
  5. Highlight the application name and click next button
  6. Under Synchronization Option you get Direction of Synchronization
  7. Check the radio button with Two way sync 
Note: above mentioned steps are explained as per Desktop Manager 4.7

Example: Synchronize address book/calender -

Connect you handheld with your desktop Manager in your PC. If you device is set to wireless sync then you need to turn off wireless synchronization.

To do so go to Address Book -> click Menu -> Options -> Wireless Synchronization: No -> click Menu and Save the changes. For Calender, Calender -> click Menu -> Options -> choose desired Calender -> Wireless Synchronization: No -> click Menu and Save the changes.

Click on the Synchronize button on Desktop Manager -> Click on Configuration Tab then click on Configure Synchronization -> Click on Choose under Address Book/Calender (on the right side of the pop up window) -> Click on you organizer apps (like, MS outlook, Lotus notes, Yahoo! etc) -> Select desired apps -> select Synchronization radio button and click OK twice go back to Synchronize tab ->click on Synchronize Now.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

ranipabla wrote:

Hi There,

Also, why is my BB Messenger stuck under a folder called "Applications" and how do I move all those out of the folder and onto my home screen?

Finally, how do I get a home screen where I can see upcoming appointments and messages (as I used to before this dumb update)?

Thanks,

Rani

For moving application to the home screen select/highlight desired icon -> click Menu -> Move to Folder -> Home 

To get to see upcoming appiontments you need to have a theme. In your previous OS different theme called 'Today' was doing the thing for you. You can have a google search for having that theme.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi...Thanks for your help.  I set it up to MS outlook for the calendar but for some reason it is not picking up any data that was already in the Outlook calendar.  I've tried syncing about 10 times and it only seems to sync my handheld to my contacts from Yahoo.  My outlook email is an old email which I have no access to anymore but for some reason that is the calendar where the data was getting saved.  Not sure how to get the calendar back.