Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Guesswho938
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom-S A

Network out of order!!

I'm having trouble sending a sms to some of my contacts. I have a bb 8520 os 5. I resently ported from Virgin mobile to Cell C. I can receive sms's from Cell C, but not from some of my contacts. When I'm trying to send a sms it waits for about 5 seconds then it gives me a big red X, and then above the message it says "Network out of order" I can bbm, whatsapp, facebook twitter and receive emails, but no sms's.
Any ideas what could be wrong!!
I leave calling Cell C as a last option, 'cause you get much better help here at the forums then your service provider.
Thank you in advance!!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Network out of order!!

Hi Guesswho938

First can you check this Knowledge Base article related to your current issue :

KB13324 : Network out of order error message received when sending an SMS message

I'm not sure if above will help , if above fails to resolve your issue then as a last resort you have to contact your Carrier , because SMS is a part of Voice level services which is directly related to our Carrier . Only they have access to that kind of services .

Or have you tried the same SIM on any other device ? You can check that to see if you recieve the same error while sending SMS to those particular contacts . It will let you know if the problem is within your device or your Carrier network.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Guesswho938

Thank you for your quick reply!
I have tried to change the network to send over option, but do not have that option.
Haven't tried to put the sim into another phone, will try that. If that doesn't work, I have to phone my carrier.
Thanks for your help!!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

Yes , as a next step please try your SIM card on another phone to check the results .

Keep us updated with your progress .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Guesswho938

I tried my sim on another phone, still the same.
I phoned my service provider, cell c this morning. They were too busy, will phone them again in the morning if its still the same. They said via email that I must register with my tools. So I did and now just waiting for them to get back to me.
Thanks again for all your gelp. I will keep you posted!!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

If using same SIM on another phone you still have the same problem then it is not a problem with your BlackBerry but problem is with your Carrier network or SIM . 

Or if you can then replace your SIM with new one.

Good luck. 

Please use plain text.