04-15-2012 10:38 PM
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-16-2012 01:09 AM
1. What model Curve do you have, there are about ten different Curve models, look at Options > About.
2. Who is your carrier/mobile provider?
3. You can install the latest BBMessenger from the BlackBerry browser at www.blackberry.com/bbm
4. You can install the latest AppWorld from the BlackBerry browser at www.blackberry.com/appworld
04-16-2012 08:00 AM
Try to connect your device with USB cbale to Internet enabled Laptop/Desktop.
Open BlackBerry Desktop Software.
Now click on upgrade or it will automatically detect the OS upgrade for Curve 8520.
The latest version is OS5 for it.
Hope this resolves your Problem!
If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest there time on this Message anymore.
04-16-2012 09:04 AM
This will upgrade you to device OS5
Device operating system releases are "released" by specific carriers once they have certified and trained their support techs, but still, you are able to load to any carrier's same model by following the instructions below.
See the link below for the download, and follow these simple installation instructions.
Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.
1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
Note: Some users might worry they will void their device warranty by loading an OS from another carrier. There is really nothing to worry about. Please read more information on that here: http://www.port3101.org/power-users/296-blackberry