Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

area51alienbabe
My Device: Not Specified

New Owner confused with 4.5

I'm so sorry for posting what I'm assuming is a common problem, but I haven't been able to find a clear explaination for it.

I just bought by Blackberry Curve 8310 a few days ago from my local AT&T store, who promised me that "It can do everything right out of the box" in response to my question if I could view PowerPoint files on it.  I understand that the 4.5 version of the OS allows me to do this but am unable to find out a site to download it from.  Has AT&T released this software yet?

Also, does anyone know of a reliable converter for videos? All mine are in the mp4 format and I just get audio from them on my BB.   

Thank you in advance for the help and I'm sorry to post a repetative problem! 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: New Owner confused with 4.5

There are beta versions of 4.5 out there for AT&T but I don't trust beta. I don't want to risk bricking my phone. As far as I know there is no release date but I did read something (possibly on this forum) that all carriers should be releasing the new OS sometime by the end of September. I hope so.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: New Owner confused with 4.5

Hi and Welcome to the forums!

As far as the video check this post : http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=2639&query.id=94827#M...

There are some free converters as well.

Hope this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.