Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Tracks57
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: 9547095563

New Phone Problems (Curve 8530)

So I just got a new phone because the charger port to my old phone broke. But I got the blackberry protect. So why when I try to back up my phone it says that its is temporarily unavailable. And I can I set up my personal email to my new phone. I really need this blackberry protect to work so I can get my contacts because the charger port broke like I said before so therefore I cannot switch over my numbers. 

Please use plain text.
Tracks57
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: 9547095563

Re: New Phone Problems (Curve 8530)

Oh and can someone tell me why when I try to access the internet it says This is a Wi-Fi service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection  and try again. ???

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: New Phone Problems (Curve 8530)

[ Edited ]

Did the carrier activate your new phone?  if so, then I don't think the services on the old phone will work.

Can you try doing a device switch using the desktop manager instead?

Here is some information:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/18596/Switch_your_device_6.0_1200216_11....

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB23677

After you get it switched to the active phone, register blackberry protect.

login to protect.blackberry.com/ from your computer and remove the old device.  Hopefully your new device will show up and you can proceed from there.