Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
chefmitch
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

New User with a doc to go problem

I upgraded my OS to 4.5 on my 8330 Curve and got the docs to go without the excel. I put excel on as was set out in one of the threads but now when trying to get HTML set up I lost the excel portion(my incompetence not the HTML process). I tried removing the battery to reset and it did not work. I tried restoring from a prior date and that did not work. I tried going back to register again and I did not get that option.Does anyone know how I could get it back? Thanks.

Chefmitch

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: New User with a doc to go problem

Hi and welcome to the forums!

When you registered the Docs to Go the first time, you received an email confirmation,

did you keep it? It has the registration number on it.

If not you can delete the application from the Curve.

In the desktop software go back to the application loader you used to upgrade the

device OS. Point the application loader at the Docs to go and reload it to the Curve.

Then register the product from a fresh install.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
chefmitch

Bibfocals

Thanks for the quick reply. I did what you said and the app is showing in the app list in Advanced Options but it is not in my icons in the menu. I have it on show all icons. What now? Thanks

Chefmitch

New Contributor
chefmitch

Hey Bifocals

Sorry for bothering you but I reloaded the app and the icon appeared. I did register and received the confirmation. But there still isnt the excel icon on the menu after clicking on the briefcase. What can I do? This learning curve(no pun intended) is taking a lot of time.:smileyhappy:

Chefmitch

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Now take the email registration and contact Dataviz to get sheets.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter