Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
SS1019
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

New emails with rules directing to specific folders not downloading

I just recieved my BB through the company and we are having problems setting up email. The company has a BES server and utilize Outlook corporate email. The problems are with downloading email that has been redirected by a rule in Outlook to a folder inside the Inbox.

So far I have loaded Blackberry Desktop and configured the email setting on the advanced tab to redirect selected folders and selected all folders. I double checked the settings in the options tab and the are saved on the device. I still do not recieve email if the address has a rule sending it to a folder other than the Inbox.

I am certain that it is a setting somewhere but have not found it.

Help!

Thanks in advance,

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JerryD
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: New emails with rules directing to specific folders not downloading

By default, a BlackBerry will only reconcile (NOT Synchronize) with the Inbox.  You need to enable Folder Redirection for each folder you want to be able to see email arrive in on your BlackBerry.

1. From the Home screen, go into Messages, then Click the [Menu] button (button to the LEFT of the trackball) or Scroll Wheel and select Options --> Email Settings.
  2. From the Email Settings screen, Click the [Menu] button or Scroll Wheel and select Folder Redirection.
  3. On the top of the screen, you'll see your Mailbox with a + to the left of it.  With your Mailbox highlighted, Click the [Menu] button or Scroll Wheel and select Expand.
  4. You should now see all the Email folders under your mailbox including your Inbox.  Notice that the box to the left of Inbox is checked or filled (depending on your OS and Theme).  This indicates the BES server is redirecting email arriving in that folder to your BlackBerry.
  5. Sub-folders located under any of the folders you see are indicated by a + to the left of the folder.  Highlight the line and use Expand (as above) to view sub folders.
  6. Any folder being redirected will have a filled or checked box to the left of it.  To enable redirection of a folder that isn't filled or checked, highlight the folder's line and hit [Space]
  7. When you're done, [Esc] (button to the RIGHT of the Trackball or button under the Scroll Wheel) and select Save.

Going forward, email arriving in the checked or filled folders will now be displayed in the Messages list.  You'll notice that the icon for these emails is a folder rather than an envelope.

As implied above, you will NOT see email that has already been received in your Mailbox on your BlackBerry.  This is because the BlackBerry doesn't synchronize, but rather sends email once, and then tracks changes in the messages state.  To get any existing email onto your BlackBerry, simply send it to yourself from your email application.

Jerry
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SS1019

I did set up a special folder with a rule last night from a friend and had him send a test and it didn't download. Following your instructions this morning I found that the folder was in the list but not checked. I have checked it now and will try again today.

Looks like you hit it!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MrTW

1. From the Home screen, go into Messages, then Click the [Menu] button (button to the LEFT of the trackball) or Scroll Wheel and select Options --> Email Settings.
  2. From the Email Settings screen, Click the [Menu] button or Scroll Wheel and select Folder Redirection.
  3. On the top of the screen, you'll see your Mailbox with a + to the left of it.  With your Mailbox highlighted, Click the [Menu] button or Scroll Wheel and select Expand.
  4. You should now see all the Email folders under your mailbox including your Inbox.  Notice that the box to the left of Inbox is checked or filled (depending on your OS and Theme).  This indicates the BES server is redirecting email arriving in that folder to your BlackBerry.
  5. Sub-folders located under any of the folders you see are indicated by a + to the left of the folder.  Highlight the line and use Expand (as above) to view sub folders.
  6. Any folder being redirected will have a filled or checked box to the left of it.  To enable redirection of a folder that isn't filled or checked, highlight the folder's line and hit [Space]
  7. When you're done, [Esc] (button to the RIGHT of the Trackball or button under the Scroll Wheel) and select Save.

JerryD, i tried all that but my problem is that i dont even see any of my subfolders under #4. The only folder i can click on is my Junk email folder, which of course i left unchecked. All of my subfolders however are not visible to check mark and subsequently include into the redirection.

Thanks for any advise!

Please use plain text.
ptdupont
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T Mobile

The same thing happened to me.  When I go to Folder Redirection, I only see two folders -- Inbox and Spam.  I do not see any of the other folders.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
henry_acevedo
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Claro Panama

Same to me only inbox and spam
Please use plain text.
baijushah63
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: 8064456463

Same here. I can only see Inbox and Spam folders. No other folders can be seen. I have searched for an answer on the web for about 6 months now. Can't find a solution to it. Any help will be great appreciated.

Please use plain text.