Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

New to BB - Calendar keeps duplicating items!

I've been a Palm and Moto Q person and just upgraded to BB 8330 yesterday.  I was sucessful with the syncing until today when I went to sync and it duplicated all of my Calendar items (nothing else, just EVERY appointment).  Can someone please help me undo this or format just the Calendar and re-sync?  It did not duplicate the appointments in Outlook, so I have a fresh copy there. 

thanks in advance

Solutions: 6,269
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New to BB - Calendar keeps duplicating items!

Yes, it is possible, not too difficult.

If you are having errors in your Calendar on your BlackBerry, and you wish to delete the entire Calendar database on your BlackBerry, follow the directions below. Make certain you have a good copy of your Calendar or Contacts elsewhere (such in Outlook), as this procedure will complete delete ALL Calendar entries on your BlackBerry.

1. Open Desktop Manager on your PC.

2. Open up Backup/Restore > Advanced.

3. From Advanced you'll see a split pane screen. The left pane is what is going to be backed up from your device and the right is a list of the currently existing databases on the PC.

3. Hit the Clear button at the bottom to erase and clean out the entire Calendar database on your BB.

5. Now, resync the necessary calendar entires from your Outlook and you should be set to go.

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you!  This worked!

After I wiped clean the Calendar and re-synced, it was fresh. 

However, I disconnected and then reconnected and it synced again and it wanted to add all the Calendar items again!!!  Now, how do I get this to stop trying to add in the items like they are new?

thanks

New Contributor

In the example below this might work with no exchange server. However the calendar is greyed out with the wireless sync working. I too have duplicate entries that somehow appeared in my 8330. Do you have a solution for removing the double entries without removing them from the online calendar.

I tried removing some and then found out it was removing them from my online calendar too. My concern is that wiping out the BB calendar will completely wipe out the online calendar too. Any solutions to this one?

Try the same process above, BUT first do a complete backup of your BB using Desktop Manager. Look and confirm that your backup file *.ipd is actually on your PC and you know where it is.

Then follow the process outlined and attempt the wireless sync afterwards to regain your calendar.

If there is a glitch and the Outlook data is deleted (which it should not be), use the backup to restore to the BB.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thank you.  I did what you suggested and this worked. 

Next issue: I've input several Calendar entries into my device thinking that when I sync they will populate into Outlook.  I checked the 'configure sync' to make sure it is a 2-way sync.  Ideally, changes made in the device would populate to Outlook and vice versa?  These new entries to the devise calendar are not getting into Outlook.  Can you help this one?

thanks!

New Contributor

I actually found a better solution on Crackberry.com. If your using BES (Exchange Server) and you get duplicate calendar entries, all you do is open the calendar. Press the menu button and select OPTIONS. When the screen appears just type rset. You will get a window telling you that you are about to delete your calendar and reload from the server. Select YES to proceed or NO to back out.

This works excellent. The calendar on the BB disappears and after a few minutes it reappears from the server with no duplications. In this manner the Desktop Software is not needed and the online Calendar is not affected. The same RSET function can be used for contacts as well.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi idbyran and welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the input!

Just want to make it clear that the procedure you mentioned is ONLY for BES USERS.

Didn't want any confusion!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Very good point.

Knowledge Base Updates