Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
esrduma
My Carrier: globe

New upgraded bbm not working

Hi there. Can someone help me on this. I upgraded my BBM to v.7.0. I opened it, then this setting up word appeared. But it took like forever to set up my new bbm. So i closed the screen then opened it again it only shows a blue screen. I reinstall BBM again still does not work. HELP ME PLS. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rahimuddin
My Carrier: random

Re: New upgraded bbm not working

same problem here i need a same answer.
i have bb 9320 curve. which model u have???
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
esrduma

bb 8520.

have you tried a battery pull on your device? i tried that thing but doesn't work.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

esrduma wrote:

Hi there. Can someone help me on this. I upgraded my BBM to v.7.0. I opened it, then this setting up word appeared. But it took like forever to set up my new bbm. So i closed the screen then opened it again it only shows a blue screen. I reinstall BBM again still does not work. HELP ME PLS. :smileysad:

Hello esrduma

In most cases reinstall BBM solved there issue , as you already reinstall it then you can confirm if you're able to use BBM prior to this Update ? 

If you're then I assume you have an active BlackBerry Data Plan in your account , so can you try reinstalling it again .But first delete any exixting BBM version from your device , Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete BlackBerry Messeneger from that list . ( depending on OS version it may differ , Or refer to KB )

KB10040 :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

After deleting perform a Battery Pull Restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On .then wait a min.  and  re-insert it back .

Your device may take a long reboot , finally from your BlackBerry Browser browse to  www.blackberry.com/bbm and the most recent available for your device .After reinstalling see if that helps 

Please try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

rahimuddin wrote:
same problem here i need a same answer.
i have bb 9320 curve. which model u have???

Hello rahimuddin

Can you try the same suggestion as given above .

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
esrduma

prince2012 wrote:

esrduma wrote:

Hello esrduma

In most cases reinstall BBM solved there issue , as you already reinstall it then you can confirm if you're able to use BBM prior to this Update ? 

If you're then I assume you have an active BlackBerry Data Plan in your account , so can you try reinstalling it again .But first delete any exixting BBM version from your device , Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete BlackBerry Messeneger from that list . ( depending on OS version it may differ , Or refer to KB )

After deleting perform a Battery Pull Restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On .then wait a min.  and  re-insert it back .

Your device may take a long reboot , finally from your BlackBerry Browser browse to  www.blackberry.com/bbm and the most recent available for your device .After reinstalling see if that helps 

thanks. so i reinstall it from BB browser. should i pull the battery again after installing my bbm?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello esrduma

After Installing BBM our device may prompt for a device restart . Do it first . If after restart you feel that it still struck or get a blue screen then perform another Battery pull restart . So try it and let us know.

Good luck .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
esrduma

esrduma wrote:

prince2012 wrote:

Hello esrduma

whats wrong with my bbm. still not setting up. :smileysad: i restart it before and after reinstalling it. but nothing happened.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello esrduma

On your homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Service = what is the status ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
esrduma

prince2012 wrote:
Hello esrduma

After Installing BBM our device may prompt for a device restart . Do it first . If after restart you feel that it still struck or get a blue screen then perform another Battery pull restart . So try it and let us know.

Good luck .

prince2012
yes im stuck in a blue screen so i perform the battery pull restart. i open my BBM again its not working nothing happened. is there a way i can downgrade my BBM back to v.5 i really cant use the v.7. My blackberry is now useless. :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.