Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

Newbie Technical Issues

Hi, guys.

I just signed up a few minutes ago and I am the proud owner of an 8320 Curve, my very first Blackberry. Being new to all this, I have run in to some technical difficulties and I hope you experts can help me.

1. I downloaded a third party application (a currency trading software called Dealbook Mobile provided by gftforex.com) and successfully installed it on to my unit. The problem is, i keep getting a login failure that says "Remote Computer Error". I had been trying to fix this with their Live Help chat and everything seems to have been installed correctly including APN settings and version upgrades. Has anyone here had any experience with this application before?

* Two weeks ago, I installed the Windows Mobile version of this same software on to my Samsung SGH-i780 and it worked perfectly. I switched to Blackberry so that I could also have Bloomberg installed (it won't work on Windows Mobile), but the Blackberry version of Dealbook doesn't seem to work for some reason.

2. Another thing I noticed is that only the phone number appears when i receive incoming calls, even if the caller's mobile phone number is already in my Blackberry address book. Is there a solution for this, or this the way it really works?

3. Is there a way to synchronize the 8320 with both the Samsung SGH-i780 and the MacBook Pro? With regard to the Samsung, it is already paired with the 8320, but I am unable to beam any contact numbers in to the Blackberry. Anyone got any tips on how to fix this?

Thank you for your time and your patience.

Best regards,

Jay