Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kteachout
My Device: Not Specified

Newbie problems/questions

Hey there - I have a couple of questions about my new BlackBerry Curve:

1.  When I turn all sounds off (Profile:smileysurprised:ff), I still get an audible message indicating when I return to a service area.  Is there a way to turn this off?

2.  I created folders on my main screen (I am using the BB Dimension Icon theme) -- but when I click on the folders, whether or not they are designated as "hidden" I cannot see any of the shortcuts in there!  They will appear and stay after the backlight goes off on its own, and I re-activate by hitting the trackball... they will also appear for a split second as I exit out of the folder.  When I open the folder, it says "Options" across the bottom.  Any suggestions??!!??

Thank you in advance for any help you can give!

Kelly aka BBnewb

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Newbie problems/questions

This should help with the service notification tone:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=4152

I have folders created to hide excess icons and email icons. I click on the folder and roll accross the icons and the name comes up.

Wehn did you created the folders?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kteachout
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the quick reply.. I will try that notifications thing...

I created the folders (which also store excess icons) a couple of days ago, the day or 2 after I purchased the BBerry.

**EDIT**  I removed the battery and reset, which appears to have fixed the problem!

Message Edited by kteachout on 08-24-2008 07:49 PM
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Good! Please take a minute to resolve this post by using the options over the Kudo's star. Thank you!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.