Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ISupportBB
My Device: Not Specified

Newbie supporting BB device; email problem.

[ Edited ]

I have inherited supporting of a BlackBerry (BB) Curve 8310. My customer has exchanged the device once already. Previous efforts to find a solution included calling and talking to Research In Motion (RIM) support. I am not sure what OS is loaded in the device, although I think the device is less that 2 months old. Carrier is AT&T.

The symptoms: 1.) customer is receiving delayed emails. Apparently, up to an hour delayed. 2.) customer tries to delete emails from BB device. No emails are deleted on either BB or Outlook email account.

Note: There is a second BB device identical to this one in the company that is working without a problem. The only difference is that the carrier is Verizon.

Has anyone experienced this and what was the solution?

Thanks,

Message Edited by ISupportBB on 09-25-2009 03:40 PM
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Newbie supporting BB device; email problem.

1. You can find the OS release on the device.... Look at Options > About, third line down beginning with a "v.4.xxx"

2. Is the customer's email on a corporate BES account for his/her work, or a personal BIS account?

BES will be mostly instant. BIS "can" be delayed for post POP accounts and close to instant for IMAP accounts and gmail, yahoo accounts.

A 15-20 minute delay on most POP email accounts is normal.

3. Personal BIS accounts do not sync or reconcile to Outlook.

So... is he on BES? Sounds like he might be.

IF so, say, and we will have this post moved the BES section here where you can be better assisted.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ISupportBB
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for your response.

I do not have access to the BB device, but I will check [the OS version] when I do.

We do not have BES here in the company and I am pretty certain that my customer is NOT using BIS either. My colleague (Network Admin) tells me that Outlook and BB are synchronizing via the Internet to our Exchange servers. Since last week, he's spent some time with the RIM folks and have been able to get this (synchronizing, email deleting) problem fixed. I'm not quite sure what setting was enabled to get this done but apparently a high level support person helped.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ok, well it is either BIS or BES, one or the other.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.