Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Keebler229
My Device: Not Specified

Newest update screwed up my BB 8310?

Before i ran the update my phone worked just fine. I really didnt have any issues with it. I ran the update about a week ago and ever since then it has been acting very weird. For instance my blackberry messanger conversations just close on their own whenever they feel like it, even when im in the middle of typing in them. My Facebook application will alert me i have a new notification, but the icon doesnt show up on the header anymore and when i look in the application all the information is blank. Sometimes my alarm doesnt go off and sometimes it works fine, like when i wake up i see the screen bright saying the alarm is going off but theres no sound coming out when I didnt make any changes to it. 

But the weirdest thing is that if i reset the phone (pull the battery out) everything goes back to working fine, but when i wake up the next day i have the problems all over again. So its like i have to take the battery out of my phone every morning just so it works correctly?  The worst part is i dont know when it happens so i never know if my alarm is actually going to work the next morning. I feel like im Bill Murray stuck in Groundhog Day. Is there a solution to this problem? I would like my phone to work like normal again.

Thanks in advance

Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

Re: Newest update screwed up my BB 8310?

might need to reinstall with battery out, get the 507 error and reinstall again with battery in... do a backup first.

also uninstall the 4.5 software you have now and go DL a fresh copy and install it just incase

New Contributor
Keebler229

Im kind of new at the whole blackberry. How do i go about doing everything above?

What do you mean by get the 507 error and reinstall again with the battery in? Then how do i uninsall the 4.5 i already have on the phone and then reinstall it again?

Thanks

New Contributor
Keebler229

bump
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09

uninstall 4.5 from add/remove programs in your PC. Download 4.5 again from carrier website. install to windows. open desktop manager, open application loader. remove battery and plug in, procede through the application loader till finished. this will completely empty the device, put the battery back in the device. wait for it to boot, you will get a 507 error on your bb screen, relaunch application loader and go through the installation again.

this will install a fresh unedited version of the software

New Contributor
Keebler229

The only blackberry software i have on my computer is blackberry desktop software 4.2.2
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09

Perform clean uninstall of DTM 4.2

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Download and install Desktop Manager 4.7

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22&dl=...

Download 4.5 device software from your carrier site and install it to your PC

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

then go through with the above instructions with the apploads