Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Stappel
My Device: 9360 curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

No 2G only network option after repairs/update

The option to change my network from 3G and 2G to 2G only has disappeared from my phone after it went in for repairs.

Is there any way to get this back as battery life is poor if its on 3G the entire day.

Please help!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: No 2G only network option after repairs/update

Hello Stappel

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Currently what's your device OS version ? 

I think your Service Provider has Updated your Device Software ,On recent OS version only 2G option has been replaced by 3G and 2G. Your device is automatically switch to the any of these mode which is available .

The only way to get back that option is , you have to revert to the previous OS in which you're getting that option. You have to dig through your Carrier Site for that Specific version , you can search it here :BlackBerry Software Download Site .

As far as I recall , that Option is only available on OS 7.O but not available on OS 7.1. If I not wrong. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Stappel
My Device: 9360 curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

Thank you very much for the help! I will look into it when I get home. 

Do you perhaps know why they would have removed this option? If you constantly on 3G your battery doesn't last very long at all.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello Stappel

Well.. I cannot specifically say "  why " , but in my OPINION with recent technological develepments in most Developed Countries every Carrier are forced to implement 4G Support and 2G is considered as an outdated.So is on our device, if you have 3G device you will prefer 3G rather then a 2G SIM , but still you can use 2G SIM on that device.

But I believe switching to 3G will not drain our device battery unless you're in an area where you have a low 3G reception. I would like to suggest a Knowledge Base regarding maximizing our device battery , try it and follow those tips , I am sure it will help :

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.