Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: blackberry
My Carrier: many

Re: No 3G option on my curve 9360

[ Edited ]

im sorry this may be an old question/comment.....but honestly did you even understand the question when you answered?.....blackberry phones depending on how they are configured alow for network selection of 2g 2&3g and 3g some do 2g and 2&3g some do 2&3g and 3g some do all 3......the person is wondering how you bring up the 3g only option there....as these options are completely irrelevant to the type of signal the person can receive on their phone and is rather a setting on the phone i can only gather you didnt understand the question and enjoy trying to make people feel dumb 

Solutions: 6,122
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

boydz wrote:

im sorry this may be an old question/comment.....but honestly did you even understand the question when you answered?.....blackberry phones depending on how they are configured alow for network selection of 2g 2&3g and 3g some do 2g and 2&3g some do 2&3g and 3g some do all 3......the person is wondering how you bring up the 3g only option there....as these options are completely irrelevant to the type of signal the person can receive on their phone and is rather a setting on the phone i can only gather you didnt understand the question and enjoy trying to make people feel dumb 

Perhaps you do NOT understand that the TmobileUSA model of this device has the 3G bands particular only to the Tmobile's USA network, and the 3G hardware in their model device is not usable in other parts of the world (except on WIND in Canada, I believe).

You are the rude one in this thread. To pop in and pop off about what you don't understand and accuse me of trying to make another user feel dumb... just do your research next time, please.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

[ Edited ]

perhaps you dont get it....it is irrelivant if another company can support the same 3g mode if you can set the setting on the phone without a sim in it ? or do you still not understand what he and i am talking about ? do you not even own a blackberry ? cause this stuff is pretty easy to understand? so there you go spouting off again about other networks making yourself look like you dont have a clue and trying to make me feel bad about calling you out for it....but its true you dont understand the question and you were trying to make him and now me feel bad for your short comings.....

let me spell it out to you.....without  a sim card in a tmobile blackberry 9360 or 9300 doesnt matter 

select either open tray or maximize panel depending on the model 

then scroll down to manage connections

select networks and connections then mobile network on the 9360

or select mobile network options on the 9300

then scroll down to network mode and change selection available options are 2g or 2&3g and the question is....is it possible to add 3g only like other identical phones

so who needs to do their research ?....could it be you ?.....just slightly.....i think you need to write an appology to the fella you were putting down and telling him the wrong information....as your responce about other networks then and now was 100% wrong :smileyhappy: thank you and ill be watching for your appology listed in the public forum here 

boydz wrote:

then scroll down to network mode and change selection available options are 2g or 2&3g and the question is....is it possible to add 3g only like other identical phones

For the user oluwarufus, who began this thread, no, that is not possible, as oluwarufus is using a TmobileUSA 9360, and with an Airtel Nigeria SIM card in the device. His TmobileUSA device does NOT have the radio bands for the 3G network of Airtel Nigeria.
So, he will not get 3G on that device in Nigeria.

boydz wrote:

let me spell it out to you.....without  a sim card in a tmobile blackberry 9360 or 9300 doesnt matter 

boydz, it does matter. I am not the one ignorant on this topic. I know very well how Tmobile USA devices have different 3G hardware built in to the device.

boydz wrote:

or do you still not understand what he and i am talking about ? do you not even own a blackberry ? cause this stuff is pretty easy to understand? so there you go spouting off again about other networks making yourself look like you dont have a clue and trying to make me feel bad about calling you out for it....but its true you dont understand the question and you were trying to make him and now me feel bad for your short comings.....

boydz, I can't make you feel 'bad'. I can point out the facts of the hardware of the BlackBerry, and you can choose to feel 'bad' or 'good', or you can choose to make immature personal attacks on me. You've chosen the latter.

If you feel bad, go get ya a milkshake or some chocolate, perhaps that will make you feel better.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates

boydz wrote:

so who needs to do their research ?....could it be you ?.....just slightly.....i think you need to write an appology to the fella you were putting down and telling him the wrong information....as your responce about other networks then and now was 100% wrong :smileyhappy: thank you and ill be watching for your appology listed in the public forum here 

You're still feeling bad?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

its not pointing out facts when your wrong....when your wrong your just wrong.....so you can either answer the question or give your appology and say im sorry i dont know the answer

boydz, I've given the CORRECT and FACTUAL answer.

A user cannot get 3G on with an Airtel Nigeria sim card in a Tmobile USA branded 9360.

Period.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

here it is again for you just in case you lost it with spouting off about hardware and other networks

without a sim card      so yes this means your talk about other networks is irrelivant

without a sim card      so yes this means your talk about other networks and tmobile hardware is irrelivant....

without a sim card      this is completely a software question which you werent able to figure out on your own so yes you are ignorant on this toppic 

without  a sim card in a tmobile blackberry 9360 or 9300 doesnt matter 

Contributor

again irrelivant when they are asking about a software setting if the hardware can receive 3g

boydz wrote:

here it is again for you just in case you lost it with spouting off about hardware and other networks

without a sim card      so yes this means your talk about other networks is irrelivant

without a sim card      so yes this means your talk about other networks and tmobile hardware is irrelivant....

without a sim card      this is completely a software question which you werent able to figure out on your own so yes you are ignorant on this toppic 

without  a sim card in a tmobile blackberry 9360 or 9300 doesnt matter 

oluwarufus has never asked about how this works without a SIM card. That is not the discussion.

Who cares what happens withOUT a SIM card  in the device, because you will never get 3G on a BlackBerry with no SIM card inserted! 

You still feeling bad?

Knowledge Base Updates