Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

nanfan
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

No Caller ID when I get a call?

I don't know what happened but all of a sudden when I get an incoming call, the caller ID does not show so I have no idea who is calling until I answer the phone. I turned the phone off and on again, tried taking the battery out, etc. but nothing worked. How can I fix this??? Thanks!
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: No Caller ID when I get a call?

Just to double check, the people that are calling you are in your address book? Even if they're not it doesn't show the entire number of the incoming call? Also were these numbers showing before then stopped? Make sure they aren't blocking their numbers when they call you.

Check the following settings:

• Options | Security Options | General Settings. Make sure the Content Protection is Disabled
  • Go into your phone/call log, hit the menu button, choose Options. Then go into General Options. See if the Restrict My Identity is set to Network Determined.
  •  Go into your phone/call log, hit the menu button, choose Options. Then go into Smart Dialing. Make sure your country code and national number length are set correctly
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
nanfan
My Device: Not Specified

Actually it started working again a day or so after I posted. To answer your questions though, yes all the numbers calling were people in my address book. When the phone would ring the screen would light up but it would just be the normal home screen. Anyone who called showed before this, but like I said for some reason it started working fine! Thanks for responding, will check back if it happens again!
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the supp:smileyhappy:rt f:smileyhappy:rums

If you would, please resolve your post. 

Enj:smileyhappy:y your BlackBerry!

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: Curve

Sam problem contact still not showing.... This is really frustrating

vijayastern
My Device: Curve 8350

I cannot get my  8530 curve phone to show caller Id....only the phone numbers show....and they are in my address book. I am wondering if the *82 feature which unblocks my phone number that is before several people's phone number is causing any problems with the phone recognizing the number being the same. It seems like that shouldn't matter as my last blackberry was fine with that feature used.

New Contributor
hanneliemcp
My Device: blackberry Curve - 9320

I cannot get my phone to show caller id when I received a call - no number or name even if the names and numbers are on my address book! Shows onlu "unknown". Its really frustrating. Please help me to sort this. I have a Curve 9320. Do I miss something or do something wrong?
mampsjoko
My Device: blackberry curve 9320

I've got this problem of my phine not displaying the name and no of the person who is calling me,,,pls help(crying)
Contributor
spookyboy
My Device: Play book

hi

Just looking at you issue with the caller id,

I have a curv 9320

And sometimes id comes up then it just shows only a number at other times.

I have all the contacts on the phone i will try some of the advice on here and get back with results. G

Contributor
spookyboy
My Device: Play book

hi

Feedback on the no id,

I went in to phone then options, Smart dialing, selected national number length, this was wrong for the uk so reset to 11....

And bingo! It works my freinds. 

Thanks G