Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
misom07
My Device: Curve 8530 Verizon

No HRT or Service Books

Ok... let's see if this forum can pull through for me.  I recently bought a Curve 8530 (Verizon) off of ebay.  Everything is working except I haven't been able to register my device with Verizon and therefore can't get a BIS account and access data.  I do have a data plan and my device shows that it has full 3G service.  The other part of my dilemma is that I also don't have any service books.  I tried to get Verizon to resend my service books but they say I need to have a BIS account in order to do that.  I've called costumer service a few times and gone into a Verizon store and still no love.  Here is a list of things things I've tried:

- Hard reset

- removed the battery and had it reboot

- obviously tried to send registration on from the HRT

-made sure my network was turned on

- let Verizon walk me trough some crazy steps that left them stumped

I would be bummed if I had to return the device since it is in great shape and everything works except this one thing.  Does anyone have any idea what I can do?

Contributor
mhill
My Device: Not Specified

Re: No HRT or Service Books

I would start by downloading "Blackberry Desktop Manager" to a computer, its available for free on-line, just search for it. The "wipe" the hand set; this feature erases EVERYTHING OFF the devise, similar to formatting your hard drive of your computer. Then reload the latest version of Blackberry Devise software. Your desktop manager will do this for you. Connect to your computer and reload the software. This should clear out all service books. I'm with T-Mobile, where they have a feature that allows me to log-in to my account and register my phone with them on-line; I'm pretty sure Verizon has something similar. However, Verizon registration shouldn't affect the data from functioning. I too bought my first blackberry off e-bay 5 years ago and have had many since. If these don't work for you, call verizon tech support, ask for their blackberry support team. They should be able to solve ANY issue, if they can't ask them to contact Blackberry RIM for further support in resolving your issue; as I have had a complex problem requiring this level of service once before myself. RIM was great, the experts!! If Verizon doesn't cooperate, explain to them, if you/they can't get your smart phone to work you'll have to cancel your data plan. That'll keep their interest. Best of luck.
New Contributor
misom07
My Device: Curve 8530 Verizon

Hey, thanks for the tips on who to call.  I've done the desktop manager thing but I'll try and get through to the RIM guys.  Last time I tried Verizon said RIM support would charge me for help.

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

In order to use a blackberry for more than just calls and texts you need to have a blackberry data plan rather than a standard data plan

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_do_I_need_a_Data_Plan_for%3F