Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
haruviy
My Device: Curve 8310

Re: No Sender Name in SMS Inbox

I've tried setting te country code to the correct one (972), i had to do so in order for me to be able to make calls. but it doesn't solve the incoming SMS problem for me, all senders' numbers still show country code before and so, name from contacts isn't recognized. incoming calls tho, show the 10 digits number.

really annoying!!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
adam28if
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: No Sender Name in SMS Inbox 9700 3G

[ Edited ]

link2joe: What version did you downgrade to?

I noticed that if you hit the menu button in the SMS chat session, the menu options to call, e-mail, MMS, etc. with the person are there.  In other words, if you click on a text message that is just displaying a phone number and click the menu button, the menu options to "Call Joe Smith", MMS Joe Smith", etc. are there.  So, the application knows the name of the contact, it just doesn't display it on the message list.  Annoying, but that is a quick way to see who is texting you instead of removing the "-" sign from all of your contact numbers.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FrostyOz

[ Edited ]

The issue is that in my version of the software the SMS application does not recognise the sender's number if there is a hyphen or space stored in the sender's number in the contact list.

Taking out the hyphens and spaces from the mobile number in the contact list is a temporary workaround.

Blackberry, this is a bug and you ought fix it so that the SMS application matches the sender's number with numbers in the contact list that have a hyphen or space.

Here:

Bold 9700

Software v5.0.0.344

Updated Fix: This issue is discussed in KnowledgeBase item KB20150, and the fix proposed is to upgrade to release 388 of the software.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FrostyOz

Update:  my carrier (Optus) does not yet have software version 388 available for upgrade to fix this bug.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BENJMNS
My Device: 9700

This is so lame... I moved from Windows Mobile to run into this?

Please use plain text.