Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

No Set Up Email Account Option

hi guys wonder if anyone can help me got a brand new blackberry curve and i am in love with it but I cannot set up emails in the set up wizard it is only giving me the option to configure a work email address, which albeit nice, is no good for me as mine is purely for a personal level. The only other additional opition it is giving me is set up later...which again means "no email" so i am currently at a major loss...

Any advice would be appreciated

Network is Orange UK if this sheds any light???

New Contributor

Re: No Set Up Email Account Option

Will probably have to set it up through BIS on the carriers website if you are unable to do so on the Berry.  I am not familiar with Orange UK.

most likely the device has not yet been provisioned.  i would suggest contacting them.  a symptom usually is manifested when you set-up an e-mail with BIS, it would say something like "Device not registered."
Contributor

I had same problem with Verizon. Took a few hours for the service to be provisioned then was able to set up accounts using the Blackberry Internet Service. Contact Orange.

Harry