Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
DaveN
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: No airplane mode on 8310???

I actually have a 8330 Curve (I don't know if this makes a difference) and to keep the screen clutter down I limit the icons to the left column and bottom row.  I have 2 email account icons, address book, call log along the left side; the applications icon in the lower left corner then Opera, calendar, memo pad, messages and profiles in the lower right corner.

Figuring out how to create an "InFlight" profile would be great then I don't have to go hunt around for another icon on another page.

Most of the features of the Curve are awesome; this is a real cool piece of work.  As I use it there are some really fundamental oversights for frequent travelers (I'm a new BlackBerry user; spent many years in the Palm community).

1. I've posted before about the time zone issue; this is appalling, "free" phones can automatically adjust for time zones.  There is no excuse for Blackberry software folks to ignore this.

2. "Radio Off" is obviously a profile that many users would like.  I created a simple "Night" profile to silence email & text messages but allow phone call notifications in seconds so adding radio controls should be trivial.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
piperk432
My Device: Not Specified

I know that you may have explain this 50 times but I just want to make sure before I get on a plane.  If I turn off all connections which is mobile network, wi-fi, and bluetooth I will be able to listen to music, and watch video on my phone without going to jail?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

piperk432 : yes.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.